Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,654 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Julia725, RFULLERO, OJOIZA ALTHEA, PKENNETH LANCE, JSABAS

How long is this going to last?

18 years ago 0 295 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Wrestler how has your day been?I read you had a bit of anxiety earlier i hope it has passed.I had to laugh when i read your last post about being high maintanence my husband calls me that all the time :)Anyhow have a good night. Lulu..
18 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's amazing how I felt like garbage yesterday and I pulled myself out of it today. I did have a little help from valium, but not that much. I worked out today and accepted the new job, came to work at my old job, drove all the way here and made it through the whole day. I had been getting home at 2 a.m. and then getting up two of those days at 8 to work my second job. I was only seeing my fiance in the a.m. when she'd come before work and our weekends were all we had to have together-quality time. I had to make a change, but I did not just want to leave for any job. So I was patient enough to wait for this job. It's also only about 20 minutes from home and 20 minutes from my fiance's work. It'll be so good to finally have a day job again. I have worked the night shift for 7 years. Not the healthiest hours for someone who's high maintainence with anxiety and depression. Plus I hate the news business now because there's so much negativity coming in from the stories. I narrowed my recent spurt of anxiety down to a panic attack I had a few weeks ago when my fiance was trying to surprise visit me and I did not know what was going on. This was also a week when I made a mistake and it got in the paper. This can be a very stressful job and then driving home on the highway at 2 a.m. to top it off. I admire you for holding your own even while you're not feeling well. I know how hard it can be to drag yourself up and make yourself do something. I actually did yoga and pilates crunches today. Yoga is so great for balance and good health. I have to find a new place to take classes soon. Thanks again for the nice comments and let me know if I can help with anything. David
Wrestler im so glad things are improving in your life change is very scary for me and you have made a lot of changes recently and i admire that.I want to make changes but when i feel strong enough to do something wham i have a panic which sets me into the downward spiral again.Things were good with my husband for a while when i came home from hospital then yesterday he done something that stuffed it all again i am sick of giving him chance after chance but i feel like im too weak to do anything about it so i just cop it sweet which feeds my anxiety.I know i should leave but i just dont have the courage.Sound pretty pathetic dosnt it. Lulu..
18 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lulu, OCD can be very horrible and parylizing. Mostly with me it's thoughts of doom and loss. It can start small and grow. I used to have trouble with touching things and washing hands. I get in these thought patterns and it can lead to panic when I can't stop the thoughts. It's like when I am feeling good, suddenly I will get a thought and if it's a bad one I need to stop. I have found that yoga is a great way to help this, but I have not been able to do much yoga lately since my move. But we are looking for a new place to take classes. I have seen a therapist for a long time and she's helped me with so much. I had issues with my mother dying and other family members still alive. I also allowed myself to enjoy life again. Stress is also a factor and it's the main reason I am leaving my night hours for a little less monye, but with more convenience and quality of life with day hours. How nice it will be when I start my job and actually be able to see my fiance after work on a daily basis. Take care Lulu and write me anytime you need. David
Hi Wrestler im so glad you posted me i have been thinking of you hoping that all was well.Congrats on the new job im sure that will be great for you is that the one in Orlando that you applied for?Im glad to hear that all is going well for you and Lydia you have had a fair bit of stress recently so im sure once things settle down with work hopefully you wont feel as anxious but i can certainly understand the stresses.I am having a rough time with the depression at the moment i spent a few days in hospital a couple of weeks ago after cutting myself so bad that my husband called emergency so ive had an increase in zoloft again but i cant shake the doom and gloom which makes me feel more anxious its such a vicious cycle isnt it.You mentioned you have OCD thoughts do you suffer any other OCD traits?I have the obssesive thoughts and i have to clean and check things all the time'just in case'Have you tried CBT for yours i am doing it with my therapist at the moment and it seems to help somewhat but it takes so long and i wish there was just a quick fix for all of us. So the big days coming up how exciting for you she sounds like a wonderful person you are both very lucky to be so happy together hang onto it.take care and i hope your day has been better and for the record you have helped me through some really tough times so thankyou for that. Lulu.. Debbie thankyou for your support i just feel like there is no hope at times which im sure you all understand i know i can have such good days again i just need to believe.Take care Debbie. Lulu..
18 years ago 0 69 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Debbie. I've been on this board on and off. I have changed email address because one is no longer in use and the other I never received my password. I am formerly wrestler, now wrestler1. I recently had a lot of stress at work, this combined with my hours changing to all nights and I moved to a new town near my fiance and planing a wedding. Our schedules are opposite each other and it's been causing me a great deal of stress and has forced me to find day work. I hope to start there in 2 weeks. It'll be so nice to get off work at night and be able to actually see her, who's name is Lydia, BTW. I am tired of the news business anyway. It really is like the song, "dirty laundry." I am tired of hearing about bad news before anyone. I also hate working on the obituary pages. I want to be happy and have a god life with my future wife. Our wedding date is January 14 of 2006. Thanks for your kind words and to Lulu as well. She's helped me a lot the past year and I hope I have helped her. I often think I may go crazy sometimes. I had a few anxious moments tonight. I am still experiencing after effects from a cold, fever and a couple panicky moments the past few weeks. I know it's all due to stress. Wrestler1
18 years ago 0 444 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Lulu and Wrestler, First Lulu I am sorry you are having a bad atime, I was going to post you from the other night your kind words meant alot to me, you are NOT going crazy, believe me I am so much more severe than you and they have not locked me up yet! This will pass I am sure, you have been having so many more good days than bad that trend will continue I am sure. Please write me and let me know how you are feeling. I was going to tell you Wrestler that its wonderful you have a wonderful finace and Congrats on your new job, my husband use to work midnight shifts and now is on a better shift and it has made a world of difference in his health and attiude he is so much more happier and healthier now. I wish you luck! God bless you both, Debbie.
18 years ago 0 69 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lulu, it's been a while. I can sympathize with you. I am sorry you're going through this acute period. I hate these times. I am currently going through the after effects of some panic from Friday. I should be happy because I am in love and getting married soon. My fiance is wonderful and understands me. Yet I get OCD often and then it turns to panic once I wear myself out from thinking about things that can go wrong. I am so afraid of her hurting me, even though she never would. It's like I get these thoughts and they go away for a while and then they come back. But I have good news. I am changing jobs to day hours instead of my graveyard shift. I see a lot of positive happning here. My hours were recently changed to 5-1 a.m. I just took a job and am giving notice tomorrow to my current company. I will now be able to see my fiance and future wife regularly instead of just weekends. Tell me what's going on with you and maybe we can help each other. Wrestler.
Just when you start to have good days again when you arnt feeling too bad like maybe even life can be good down you go again.Its going to be like this forever isnt it?Ihave been in therapy since June and i dont understand why i still have panic attacks even though i dont feel overly anxious then other days i cant even think straight like today it almost feels like theres half a dozen people in my head trying to talk any surrounding noise is making me feel giddy but when its quiet i have the self talk that wont shut up.Have i really gone crazy and just dont know it yet?does anyone else feel like this?Why hasnt it gone away yet?I am so sick of fighting this anxiety. Lulu..

Reading this thread: