Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,633 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

"Ivan the Terrible"

19 years ago 0 370 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Casey and Redface your words helped, I will try to stay strong for my son and endure, the waiting for the storm is almost as bad as it hitting. If anyone in Florida is reading this I understand the pain and anxiety. I am going to try to be strong.
19 years ago 0 799 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Debbi, I really feel for all of your who are having to experience these terrible killer storms. My heart goes out to you. Try to be strong. It is totally understandable that your panic would be worse right now. I would suggest that you follow-up with your doctor. Let him/her know why you are hesitant to increase your medication right now. Be sure to ask if there is something else they could recommend (besides meds if that is what you want to avoid) to help get you through this very difficult time - such as relaxation techniques. Also - please let them know about the vomiting of blood. You are in our thoughts. Keep us posted, Casey _____________________________ The Panic Center Support Team
19 years ago 0 274 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry to hear of your panic...vomiting blood sounds pretty bad. I would follow your doctor's advice on that one, it may actually help your son if you do. Maybe you should move further North; but anyway, wherever you go we have to face our fears...that is what this whole 12 step program is about. You are getting a perfect chance to do so now. Are you afraid of dieing? Losing everything? For your family? These are all understandable. Please pray for peace of mind. Whatever happens, you may become stronger when you have gone through it and come out the other side o.k. If the worst should occur, panicking now will not stop it from happening or help you to cope. Think about what is most meaningful in your life, and appreciate what you have now. Tomorrow all of us could loose everything. If we die, we will be at peace. "the dead are concious of nothing at all" Ecclesiastes 9:5. If someone we know should die, we have a marvelous hope..."there is going to be a ressurrection" Acts 24:15. I hope you will feel better and be able to ride out the storm, or do whatever you have to do...take care...
19 years ago 0 370 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I wrote a post about Hurricane Francis a few days ago. I seems that "Ivan" is looming close by ready to hit Florida again! My panic has increased and I am unable to control it. My Doc said to increase my Klonopin which I do not want to do since I have a small son and a husband who works long hours {He must also work during any hurricanes} Is there anyway I can reduce the fear and panic without more medication? These storms have devastated Florida and I am so afraid of another hit I actually want to move back North since I have heard these killer storms will become a trend because of atmospherisc conditions. The fear brings on panic and I have been vomiting blood the stress is so high. Thank you for any replies. Debi.

Reading this thread: