Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,633 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

PLEASE HELP ME!

19 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Blondie. I speak from experience here, so one of my top tips is, Dont search for any information on the web, or in books on any small aches and pains you have,'cos WOW can that blow things up out of all context of what is wrong. I seem to have developed what they call "repetetive strain injury" (tennis elbow) down my left arm. course you look that up on the net, you get heart attacks. i think part of this condition is that we worry too much, and have to find something to worry about, and so we ignore common sense, and aim straight for the worst news. Its just all part of our condition i feel. When you've had this for a while, you'll realise what muscle tension can do to you, its harmless of course, but can cause headaches, backaches, shoulders, leg pains. The list is endless. also something else i've noticed too. because of the tension in our muscles, they are less flexable, and when you do a bit of excercise, you pull muscles, and hamstrings a lot more than you would normaly. The muscles can get so tense that they dont have the give in them as before. I also think that at 15yrs old you are probably fitter than any of us old codgers on here. you just try to relax, you'll be fine. Best wishes Mudslinger uk
19 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Googling for causes to symptoms sometimes isn't really a good thing. I myself right now can have anything from Eustachian Tube Dysfunction to Mitral Valve Prolapse. Tell your parents about your concern and see a doctor so you can be assured that you are healthy.
19 years ago 0 377 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Maybe just a pulled muscle or spasm. I know, for me...when I get a strange pain and look on the internet, oh Lawd...do things seem worse! It gives you all the worst case things. And then...you panic..lol! Take some tylenol or Advil and see if that helps you.
19 years ago 0 132 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Blondie, I just wanted to say that I have leg pain sometimes too. It's always a deep dull achey feeling. Sometimes it can be very agravating. But I don't think that it is anything serious. It wouldn't hurt to check with a dr. but for what it's worth I think maybe it's from playing golf or something minor like that. I hope you feel better.
19 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Blondie, Your first course of action should be the doctor's office. If this is an ongoing pain, you should explain it to the doctor, and perhaps he will recommend anything and everything to get to the bottom of the pain. Try taking it easy for a little while, until you figure out what the deal is. Hang in there, Josie
19 years ago 0 29 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey everyone! I have a question that maybe you can help me stop worrin about! I got this leg pain today and i have been golfing a lot lately and i was still worried about it and i went on a website to look it up and a pulmonary embolism came up and i have been worried ever since. I am 15 can that happen to me? I am also scared that i have a clot in my leg my whole leg hurts! Am i ok? I am so scared i am almost in tears! Please help! Luv, Blondie

Reading this thread: