Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Going crazy!!!

20 years ago 0 183 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Danielle, I don't know if this will help you feel better, but I know for an absolute fact that you are not going to go crazy. I don't even know you and I can say that. The reason I say this is because crazy people don't know they are crazy. They think they are fine and the rest of the world is nuts. That's how they are capable of doing all of the 'crazy' things that they do. I know what you are feeling is scary, I have felt it myself and when you are in the throws of that kind of thinking it is hard to trust people when they say you have gad or pd you're not crazy. All I can do is tell you how I over came that feeling of losing my mind. I went with it, I took that giant leap of faith and said God please take care of me because I need to raise my kids and I put all of my trust in him and said what's gonna be is gonna be and stepped out into life and I'm still here at my home not in a loony bin somewhere screaming my head off in a strait jacket. I know it's not easy, but you've got to try, you have at the most maybe a 1/2% chance of going crazy by taking a chance and beginning to live your life, probably not even that much, but you have a 100% chance of missing out on some really wonderful experiences with your loved ones if you don't at least try.
20 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Danielle, Your doing fine! Take it step by step and realize that you are not alone. We are here to help. Post us often, and let us know all you are feeling. This is a great technique and there are many supporters that can relate to your everyday feelings. Good job, and keep it up Josie
20 years ago 0 80 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am about ready to do some serious exposure. I am agoraphobic and have been for years. I KNOW all about the fight/flight response, and I understand the physical symptoms etc. I can seem to accept that fairly well, although at this particular moment, I am not having a PA. However...I just can't come to grips with this fear of going crazy or loosing control. When I think of what exactly this means to me well...this is it ok... 1. I am pertrified that I will forget who I am 2. I am petrified that I will never return home BECAUSE I forget where that is, and that I'll forget my kids 3. During a PA, I sometimes fear that I will start screaming my head off, crying, rocking myself like a child, lost in my own little world Nope, this has never happened. Not even once but why in heck I am so afraid of this is beyond me. I want a GUARANTTEE that I will never go crazy or 'lose it'. I have read before that no one has ever gone crazy but boy...I sure feel like I was close. So close, it feels like I just made it out in the nick of time. Can anyone else relate to this nonsense and how did you deal with it? One of my exposures is a dream vacation I planned for my husband and I in May. I thought I'd have all kinds of time to do some exposure and such but I haven't done any. I keep putting it off. When I booked my ticket I thought...ok, you wasted enough of your life ... book it. The worst that can happen is that you will postpone it. Big deal. But in my mind's eye, I often picture myself going looney on the plane and then I get so discouraged. ARGH! Help Danielle

Reading this thread: