Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,630 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

Insanity

8 years ago 0 72 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad to hear you've made it through the week Gilles! 
8 years ago 0 1009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi me101,

You were/are detoxing during your working hours. It usually takes a week or 2 before your body resets itself and, unfortunately, detoxing from a bender doesn't shut off and turn on in relation to work hours. Trust me, I know. And you are exactly right, it is insane. I've done the same thing. Great plan taking your vitamins. Our bodies are depleted nutritionally when we put ourselves through that kind of abuse. Drink lots of water and take lots of vitamins. If you have that urge to drink grab an iced tea or something, just NOT alcohol! I found having a couple of iced-tea's to really help. If the first doesn't quite do it for you, have another. Well done planning your night and your meals! Stick to it. I found the first Friday after I quit, around 5pm, was quite anxious. I had literally programmed myself to be indulging at that time and I remember driving by the liquor store and my brain starting to switch off. I kept my bearings and kept driving, thank goodness. 

You can make it through this weekend. Stay focused and stick to your plan. You're giving back to yourself now for a change and these challenges will make you stronger each time you kick their butt. Well done making it through this week! I found using the tracker in the diary to be very motivating as it kept me focused on one day at a time. Post lots because it really helps. There will be someone here to respond and help keep you focused. 

All the best,

Dave
8 years ago 0 38 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Boy what a ****** week I had. It felt like I was detoxing during my work hours. Everybody saying hey Gilles whats wrong, nothing. Today is Friday. Ahhh the weekend. I feel better. restarted to take my vitamins, and stuff. What a difference it is when you drink and do not. It seems like it is insanity now to even think of putting that crap inside of me again. INSANITY I do not want to do this any more. wendsday Morning I almost walked into my bosses office, to tell him I am going home. I won't be back for a week. I am glad I did not do this. I sat out side and took in some air, and just relaed for a minute, and then I went back to work. Quitting my job because I am detoxing from all the booze I had on those 4 days. It's insane. INSANETonight is pizza night bought all of the stuff I need, and then watch a movie. Tomorrow I am making a lasagnia, and a movie, but during the day I will start to look for some meetings. Sunday its my cleaning day, and the library. I really do not want to go back to that hell hole we call alcoholism. In my relapse I have really seen that booze = ?$@#?*())&?%. = INSANITY .

Reading this thread: