Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Hello

5 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Schmoo!

I am glad you found us. Divine intervention indeed!

You mentioned alcohol is an escape for you. How else can you escape without the use of alcohol (or substances)?

Ashley, Health Educator
5 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there! I'm an almost 50 yr old woman who has finally decided to get her drinking under control. I'm what you call a binge drinker I guess from past research and I long to activate my "I've had enough" switch that I'm not sure was ever turned on. Stress is my biggest trigger and the silly thing is I know drinking makes it all worse, but it gives me a few hours off turning it off...it's an escape, but as of late it's becoming a problem. I'm becoming defensive and angry. This isn't who I really am. I spoke to my doctor today and she suggested PARRC...as I browsed the site a link brought me here...I don't believe in coincidence but divine intervention...so here I am...not sure where to start but ready to take the first steps. ??????
5 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Coach!

Thanks for telling us a bit about you. That's great you were able to quit for a month. How were you able to do it then? What worked for you?

Ashley, Health Educator
5 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am a 67 year old male that needs to cut back on drinking for health reasons.  Most prevalent are high blood sugar and liver enzymes that can get out of whack.  I quit completely for a month last year and my sugar levels and liver enzymes perfect.  I never consume more than 4-5 drinks in any period but have trouble once I have a drink or two then I want more.  Just wanted to say hello and let people know what I am about.

Reading this thread: