Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,528 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Speaking of set backs

9 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Teleea,
Good luck with the new CBT program..Sounds very positive..

jdoe.
9 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Teleea,

Please don't be so hard on yourself. I think you made a very smart decision. You MUST take care of your health first and foremost. There is nothing to be ashamed of at all. What would you tell a friend who was in the same situation? I have a feeling you would give your friend much more compassion then you are giving yourself. Learning to be kind and compassionate with yourself may be an important treatment goal for you.

I also think the intensive CBT program sounds fantastic. Tackling depression with trauma requires specified treatment and you are going to be receiving just that. This might be what you needed all along. I am excited for you. 

Please take this time to rest and heal. Keep us updated on how you are doing.

Ashley, Health Educator
9 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The last 72 hrs have seen a major change. In July I was reassigned to a new work site. It resulted in fewer hours and lower pay. In addition to the worry about the loss of income the combination of personnel, work routine, and building environment has triggered my Depression and Anxiety. I am Depressed I can't cope and the Anxiety leaves me making myself sick. Three days ago I saw my psychiatrist. As per his instruction I have asked for immediate leave from work, had to face the wrath of my employers and have an application in for provincial disability (I was on it in the past for 2 years). I FEEL LIKE A COMPLETE LOSER. I FEEL LIKE I HAVE LET MY FAMILY DOWN. I AM EMBARRASSED. At the same time I worry about making ends meet. The only good news in all this is that my doctor has referred me to an intensive CBT program specifically for those with trauma issues. Now the waiting begins.

Reading this thread: