Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Stuck

14 years ago 0 194 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
They dont want to talk to me right now. There is a lot of hurt. Their world as well as mine was turned upside down. They are getting along okay, I do know that. My son has a job and is driving now. My daughter is busy with school and cheer. My problem, Im selfish, feeling sorry for myself lately, not in their lives. I hadnt been for a long time. I didnt know how. I have a relationship problem. Im just thinking way to much right now. I do miss and love them a lot. Its hard to talk with my wife as their is a lot of anger. I wish we all could just get along, things happen in life bad and good, so why does it have to create so much hatred? I dont know when I will be starting to work again, its only just the start. But I know when I am I will feel a lot better about things in general. The stuff here, I just have to live with. At least its cheap. Maybe this med thing is just compounding everything. Thanks for being there Ashley
14 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm sorry you are not feeling well lately.

It is understandable that you are upset about your kids.  That is extremely hard.  Try to use this to keep you motivated.  Have you tried talking to your kids lately? Do they know how you are doing?

Your living situation seems to be compounding your frustration also.  It is difficult to live in an environment that you are uncomfortable in.  Have you tried talking to them about it? Possibly making some sort of an agreement to make living together easier?  You are starting a new job soon right? Is it possible that you could think about moving to another place?

Keep us posted.  We are here for you.

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 194 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

I read were not supposed to base things on how we feel and use that as a indicator. But lately its hard. I have just been feeling like things will never get better. Constantly thinking about my kids and wondering when that will ever be better.

I start reading these programs, I am so distracted, cant seem to focus and Im trying to deal with this, the panic, the SSC, the panic away program, Byron katies the work and oter books and things Ive founf online. What should I be doing? Im still out daily to meetings and working out. I'm not doing any one thing fully, I just pick small parts and read. Lately Im lost, not sure if its still the med thing. The doc said it may be 2 to 3 weeks to even out, I just want to move forward, Im not patient. Every little thing is bugging me and now Im really letting the guys I stay with know it. Im becoming agressive towards them. They are annoying and disguisting to live with. 

Reading this thread: