Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

a big setback

14 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
danifantastic,

Sorry to hear about the news about college. Have you been able to speak to someone in administration at the college about this issue? Did they offer you further suggestions or reasons behind their decision? Perhaps you may want to investigate this issue further with someone at the college.

It is great to hear that you are seeking the support of a counsellor. Although you are on a waiting list, the agency may be able to offer you some other resources while you are on the wait list. There are often other hotlines or crisis support centers that will be able to offer you support without putting your name on a waiting list.

Stay close to the boards and let us know how you are doing. We are here for you when you need us.

Sarah, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
well i have decided to go back to college but because of my depression they wont accept me so i feel like this was my last chance to make any kind of future for myself.

i do not see a counciller at the moment as i am waiting for an appointment which isnt gonna be for another nine months :(

xx
14 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That is hard to say danifantastic.

What do you mean you are having a setback? What exactly are you going through?  Have you talked to a counselor or an academic advisor?

I would say the less you can disrupt your life the better.  You may regret waiting.  If you absolutly cannot cope it is your choice but often times trying to do activities that make us feel accomplished is good.

Members, what do you think?
Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i've just had a major setback at college and at the moment am finding it hard to cope. i am due to do another session online but do you think i should wait till i get over the setback before i do it?

x

Reading this thread: