Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

going round in circles

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That's right Rosie!
Members, what do you think?

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 85 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the encouragement and advice. I am afraid there are no support groups I can go to in my area, otherwise I would have seriously considered it. I called our local 'Anxiety and depression group' and the best they could do was post me a pamphlet and recommend a psychologist I have already seen. I think the amount of help available is pathetic here. No wonder people think they are alone. I am feeling a bit better today. Just read the post on the Mods page on fear or regressing. I guess that is the biggest fear we all have, is falling into that black hole again. I am still doing my CBT stuff every day. All I can do is keep trying.... it can only get better, right?
15 years ago 0 201 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thank you ralph for the encouragment! maybe tonight.......that monday night uni/bipolar support group. problem is 7-9pm i turn into a pumpkin by 9! hope i make it. rosie, hope you are doing better today. you're in a tough spot, lots of decisions to make, lots of feelings to sort through. been there, done that - you can do it!
15 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great suggestion Ralp2!

After experiencing the positive benefits yourself, it is very useful and encouraging to others struggling with similar issues.

What are some ways of making baby steps towards attending a support group? Members please share how you managed to cope with the difficult moments.

Faryal
15 years ago 0 51 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 To both Rosies: Man, you got to do it. You got to go to a peer support group. I know it's hard to take that first step,but it is worth it. I was so nervous before hand and when I was sitting there waiting for my turn to talk, but when it was time to tell my story, you could just tell, by their body language and questions and comments. These guys get it. They had been there. they understood. What a relief to finally a place where you felt like part of the group. So please. try to make that step! If you think this group is helpful, you will find meeting in an actual group is even more so.
15 years ago 0 201 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi rosie - sorry it is one of those days/weeks/months for you. i know how you feel - very much want to just opt out. of everything. it seems like you are either feeling as bad as you ever have or you are finally letting your guard down. i don't have any real advice for you either, ralph kudos to you, i keep meaning to go - monday night support group - don't know what keeps me from doing it. someone said i should have my husband drive me.....i'm thinking that was probably a great idea. you too, rosie, you have to get out and find real support, someone that could actually smile or hug you and mean it. you're really down right now. i can so relate. don't like this new med, everything is an effort. i know we're supposed to make our own families and forgive and all that but some days all you can do is take a hot bath, cry it out and sleep........i think it's not that you don't feel like dealing with it but that it's difficult for you - here was my assessment "limited coping skills, conflicting feelings towards self and others."  maybe it's that way with you, too.....hang in there
15 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rosie,

You have received a lot of great advice here. What have you identified with that has been mentioned by other members?

During difficult times, it is important that you are taking time for yourself. What have you been doing to relax or to help you unwind?

Members, any suggestions for Rosie on how to take time for herself?

Sarah, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 51 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 Rosie, do you have access to any peer support groups in your area?  I know starting to do that was a powerful release for me. It was a big step to go to the first one, but there was such a connection because we had all been or were going thru very similar thngs.  it just made me feel safe, not so isolated. they were all so caring, so gentle in their responses. Made me feel like I have other footsteps to follow and ones that I can trust because I know where they came from and can see where they are going. You should be able to use the internet to find them. try the mental health organizations in your state. I know as soon as I started looking I felt better because I felt like I was doing something to help my self. Take Care! You are in my prayers and we are here to help you any way we can!  
15 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Rosie,

I understand how you feel.  I wonder the same things.  I wonder when the cycle will break and I'll be able to move on.  Then I realize that it's in my power to move on, I am just not sure of what's outside that circle I've been wondering in and I'm afraid of it. 

With that amount of understanding I am still stuck in the circle because I seem to be unable to see clearly enough to overcome my fears.  If I had a viable alternate plan I could, perhaps, move on but I feel trapped.
I could give you the expected (right) answers but since I know them but can't seem to translate them into actuality I feel like a hypocrite for telling you something I can't seem to do myself.  I just want you to know that I understand your feelings, sometimes knowing you are not alone is a little helpful.  I'll leave the suggestions to others however.

15 years ago 0 85 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

I just feel like I am walking around in circles, I see footprints in the sand and feel hope that I am folloing the footsteps of someone who knows where they are going and they end where they begin and I realise they are mine. I am exhausted of being disappointed with things. I am trying to be positive, about my crap job, about my cheating, lying husband, about the fact that I have no real friends and my parents hate me. I feel so alone. I just feel like I don't want to deal with all the little issues of life. I am just tired. When will the footprints lead me out of this mess that is my life??? 

Reading this thread: