Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,633 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

A Blip

16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gabs, Sorry about your panic attacks. I wonder how much of that precipitation is caused by HAVING to do stuff - socially - with which you are not comfortable?? And how can you change that state? How about choosing to stay at home and doing a bunch of stuff that you want to do instead...? I'm not much for social whirl and I sometimes don't live up to the social responsibility of "having to be there" and all that, but I know a little about myself and I know which situations will only make me feel worse and exacerbate an already shakey bout... I say make your excuses and say that you're just not up to it!!
16 years ago 0 131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gabs, boy I know how you feel with the panic attacks. The other site is wonderful, very informative and helpful, just as this one is. I remember when my husband and I went away for 3 days, and we were leaving our boys (3) for the first time. They were just wee little guys. I cried and cried, couldn't pack a thing, I had to get things ready for the boys, lunch stuff, dinner stuff. We had grandparents coming to watch them, so I needed to clean the house absolutely everywhere of course!! I cried on the way to the airport, I cried on the airplane, I was so afraid of leaving my kids (which I know is normal). My husband was very good, very supportive and added humour to my panic. At this time, I didn't know how to deal with panic so I didn't know why I was lightheaded, sweating, shaking and all of the rest. When we arrived at the hotel, we got settled, I called the boys, amazingly enough, they were fine, what a shock!! My husband and I were talking about the whole incident and he finally confessed that when the plane was taking off and we were turning towards the south, we would have pushed me off the ledge if he could because I was so upset. Of course, he's joking and that's his humour. But I guess the whole point of me rambling on is that I worried so much about the trip, leaving the boys and flying is that I didn't thoroughly enjoy myself on our trip and looking back, I wish I had. I know these feelings are real to you and they were certainly real to me, but learn how to deal with panic attacks, it's so worth it. You'll see how everything will start to settle down for you. Good luck :)
16 years ago 0 172 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Guys, Have had a set back in the past couple of days, panic atacks so i have joined the sister site although not posted there yet, just looked through. I really thought that it was effects of meds and the depression. I never realised that a panic atack could make you physically ill. I have been shaking, feeling sick, tingling in my arms and hands. I havent been able to think straight . So this is to appologise to all of you who have posted but I havent responded. I do try to help if i can. My Panic is due in part to tomorrow's appointment with a new phsyc. Also my husband and i am going way for a couple of days with my friend and her husband. It should be something i would look forward to but I cant even get my clothes together. I cant think straight. I will be back on Saturday so will catch up with all you guys then. Sorry again for my lack of rsponse.x

Reading this thread: