Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,473 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

Develop important skill

6 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Aqua,

When you freeze do you you feel anxious? If so, you may want to check out our sister site www.paniccenter.net. You can learn CBT skills there that will help you to expose yourself to the fear of speaking to others. With practice you can learn to feel more comfortable speaking to others. It also may be helpful to work on your core beliefs around speaking to other people and your opinion.  Have you worked on the section that focuses on core beliefs yet?

I'm wondering is any other members have experience social anxiety of any kind? How did you address the anxiety?

Ashley, Health Educator
6 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello, I would like to be abble to have a conversation were I can express my opinions to others in real time. I strugling with this, and it´s being very dificult develop this skill.
When I need to give my opinion, a lot of times I freeze. Specially were I need to defend myself. Sometimes I just need to say 2 or 3 words, nothing complicated, this words appear in my head, but I don´t speel it. Other times I could not think of nothing, just feed unconfortable, and remember a possible simple answer only hours later when I´m not with the person anymore.
I´m searching for books, audios that really could help me, but not finding nothing. I know this is an internal road, may be there is nothing explaining this.
Meanwhile I kinda now the reason, I´ve beem raised with narcisistic mother and groundmother, I learned very earlier that my opinion and thoughts don´t care, so I´m very used to close things inside of my self.
Is there any light that you could give me.

Reading this thread: