Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,542 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf

immobilized

17 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lily...I couldn't even take the test, so I know what you are talking about! Hope you are making progress now. Please share. Eve
17 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi lily, Have you been in contact with your health care provider? Please don't feel you have to go through this alone. If you are having trouble sleeping, take the time to try out some relaxation techniques. Relaxation is key to a sound body and mind. Relaxation and breathing techniques can be used to relieve extra stress. It is important to take some you time and realize your body and mind need to rest. DEEP BREATHING: 1) Take a slow deep breath in through your nose to the slow count of five. Push your tummy out at the same time. 2) Slowly breathe out through your mouth to the count of 7. 3) Repeat this 3 times, as you feel yourself relaxing and the stress dropping away. TENSION RELEASING: 1) Let go of the tension in your neck and shoulders. 2) Let go of the tension in your jaw. 3) Focus completely on your breathing, nothing else. 4) As you exhale, let your shoulders drop and let your body sink into wherever you are. 5)Repeat this until you feel relaxed and centered. It's a skill. You can practice several times a day to make it a normal part of your routine. If you do it will work. You can do many other things to relax you as well! Remember relaxation is different for everyone, do what makes you relax and focus on a better you. Keep us posted, Casey ___________________________________ The Depression Center Support Team
17 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I just signed up last week, and yesterday printed out the forms for goals. I did not fill out the form. I just am immobilized. I wake up at 4 in the morning, and spend the hours between then and getting out of bed beating myself up. What can you suggest for just being able to do this simple exercise? There is just so much negative thinking in my head.

Reading this thread: