Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,518 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

New to Site

6 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome AJ,

Thank you for telling us a bit about what you have been going through. I am sorry you have been dealing with depression and anxiety for so long. I am glad to hear you are resourceful and seeking out the help you need.

I am curious, we often have lot of internal knowledge and resources we forget about as time goes on. You mentioned you have had counselling session and researched for quite some time. What were some gems of learning that you gained from those experiences?

Ashley, Health Educator
6 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello. Just joined today, after going through resources provided by work-related benefits. I have not been formally diagnosed by a mental health professional, but as far as I can tell from experience/research, appointments with nurse practitioners, and counselling sessions, I have generalized anxiety disorder, with panic attacks. I believe this is the main source of my depression as well. I have had depression since I was 15, so I am approaching almost my 12th year of dealing with mental illness. Currently I am on medication, and looking to start counselling again, now that I am done school. Hoping this program would help give me new resources and connections to helping understand why anxiety and depression have such a steel grip on my life.

Reading this thread: