Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,646 Members

Please welcome our newest members: JSABAS, ASHAINE, EFAJARDO, MMAGTARAYO, JARCA

hi everybody

8 years ago 0 11218 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome!

I am so glad you are feeling optimistic. It has been a few days since you posted. How are you feeling today?
Ashley, Health Educator
8 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome!
8 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's my second night. I'm feeling better already, at least periodically, and enough to feel some small hope about my new plan. Pretty huge depression plus perfectionism-fed anxiety and negative thoughts that literally keep me from meeting deadlines for days and days and then killing myself to get something done in some sort of passable form, then back to all the other stuff I'm late on... and so it goes. I've been doing lots of research on CBT especially and it seems to have a big chunk of potential for my situation and outlook. I incorporated it into my hourly mood journal today a little and I can't believe how much it has already helped, even tho I'm a neophyte with it and probably therefore not really using it to its fullest potential, but just the mere remembering that my feelings aren't facts helped me take a step back several times when I felt myself start freaking and feeling anxious - it still came but considerably less than usual. So there. Enough babble - guarded optimism is where I am this evening. I hope you all are feeling at least a bit as hopeful as I am. 

Reading this thread: