Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,620 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING, JHAYLO

Hello

8 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jay,

I am glad you were able to talk to your boss and this has eased some of your worry. Being honest with her must have been tough - so good work! How are you feeling today?

Ashley, Health Educator
8 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
More changes at work.  I haven't been trained in the new department yet and now I hear I am going to be trained in another.
Today I was able to speak honestly with my CEO and I felt that she listened to me.

She validated me when I said I had tried so hard with my last job position.  She said even the new supervisor was finding it challenging.

Then, she explained why my talents suited the job I have now.  She said she could count on me to do the new job well.

When she re-evaluates the job position in November / December, she said that she will talk with me about it, especially removing tasks that I think would make logical sense for another position to do or adding tasks that are missing from my current job description.

I was able to share my frustration about being caught between Union and Management.  I spoke about the current trends I saw in my field and the impact that will have on my job in a year or so.  She shared her vision on what she would like to see happen then.

Even though I felt depressed in the morning, I felt better after talking with my boss.
Just starting on week three.  Introduced this program to my therapist and showed him my treatment plans.
Hi Jay,

That sounds like a potentially frustrating situation. I am sorry to hear about these disappointing changes. It seems you have little control over your job description, is that the case? It also seems like you are prone to thinking negatively about the outcome. This may be due to past experiences but I can see how this thinking may contribute to the depression. The program here will help you to challenge these automatic thoughts and change them - this in turn will help with the depression. Have you had a chance to get started on the program yet? If so, any thoughts so far?

Ashley, Health Educator
I have noticed many coworkers and aquaintances checking in with me.  It has helped to know they are concerned.

My main struggle is with being demoted at work.  It seems that the reasons I had for choosing my original job ten years ago have been taken away one by one.  When my job changed drastically a year ago people told me maybe it is for the best, maybe it will be less stressful, but I do not see any benefits yet.

My new CEO told me that they are going to re-evaluate my job description again in December.  I know she was trying to give me hope, but my immediate reaction was "Oh great, they are going to find a way to make my job even worse."
Welcome Jay,

I am so glad to hear you have a lot of help available to you. That's great. What seems to be helping? Where are your struggles now? 
Ashley, Health Educator
Hi, my name is Jay and I am new to this group.

I have been working with a therapist for three years on my anxiety, but a set back at work has triggered another depression.  This time, though, there seems to be a lot of help available.

Reading this thread: