Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,630 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

Hello

12 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Claire, I am new here also. How are things going? Numaseven
12 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Claire

The first time I had a look on the forums I found it very comforting to find that I wasn't alone in this. I hope that you'll experience that comfort as well.  
12 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Claire,

Welcome to our support community and thanks for taking the time to post with us.  You have already started to receive support and know that there is much more where this came from!  Start small and work through the program.  There are lots of tips and tools that can help guide you through and progress.

We are here for you, so post often and let us share with you, support and experience, you are not alone.

Josie, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 1022 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Claire... I think you've absolutely come to the right place.  The members  here do get what depression does to a person.  We know there are no quick fixes.  We know that we can't just will ourselves out of it.  The Health Educators are professionals who keep us on track and maintain a safe site to work through the pain and find the hope we need to heal.  Congratulations for signing up and posting an introduction... this is a huge step.  Don't forget to give yourself credit for that.  Keep coming back, check in often and let us know what you are thinking about the program... questions, vents, whining... it's all allowed and encouraged :o)  
12 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Everyone, 
I just joined two weeks ago, I'm not sure what to write but here it goes. I'm so tired, I'm tired of hating myself, of feeling like I have nothing to offer and being told that I'm over reacting or being "paranoid". I don't want to feel crazy anymore. 
My depression always gets worse in the winter and I just want more than anything to control it better than last year. 
I don't want to see anyone, the thought of having to go out with friends makes me anxious and nauseous. I can't stay on top of housework- when I think about what I have to do I just want to cry. My libido is non-exsistant which is hard on my husband and he doesn't understand what I'm going through. He's very solution oriented and it frustrates him that he can't just fix my problems - so I try not to talk to him about it. 
I don't know who I am - I don't think I ever did.......

Reading this thread: