Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,633 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

Hello

15 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there. I just joined today too. I certainly can relate to your feelings of loneliness and complete lack of support. I decided to give this program a shot. I sure hope it helps  us. Donna
15 years ago 0 201 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hello and welcome, i can relate to alot of what you said, especially the anger! you're not being selfish for expecting your turn, per se. i am learning to keep my expectations low! for awhile i thought about wearing a sign "i am not your shrink, i can't listen to your problems, please find someone else". as far as these professionals belittling you - i always say picture them naked, they are no better than you, they probably had all kinds of help you didn't have, don't let them push you around or try to dismiss you. good luck and stick around!
15 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
welcome to the support group, share when you feel like it, read when you don't, work the sessions and keep us posted on how you are doing.  I like this program because we don't know each other and if you don't tell anyone (clear browser history) then no one knows you are here.  Glad to have you! Look forward to hearing from you when you feel like it!

15 years ago 0 64 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome! You will see that nobody is going to judge you and also you don't have to write if you don't need to.
Even if you don't believe it you found here persons that can understand you.
I'm fighting and i'm getting better. I have still a lot of issues to address but keep learning about myself.
15 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi furgitit

Welcome to the support group.  We tend to be that group of people who take care of everyone else but rarely find anyone to care for us. It does help to have somewhere to go for some support and this is a very good place to be. 

I am currently having a really tough time and am not in my best form but you do need to know that you are understood here.  It is not a place of judgement, but of encouragement.  My friends here just gave me some wonderful encouragement that I sorely need right now.  All I can say is stick around and try it.  I think you'll find a wealth of support in this group.
15 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Furgittit,

Welcome to our wonderful support community.......you have reached a place where members are ALWAYS willing to listen and offer support in any way possible since many will be able to relate to the same issues and concerns that you have.

Thank you for taking the opportunity to join the online support group and for sharing your story. Your honesty is appreciated and it is strongly suggested that you browse through the program and all the tools available to you. As you work through the sessions you will learn a lot about yourself and although some effort is required, it is a rewarding journey. You can jump to sessions that you feel are applicable to your current emotional or mental state if you wish as well.

Please post often and hang in there. Nobody here will judge you and please do not feel selfish or guilty for sharing your feelings and thoughts.  Venting and working through your emotions will help you to deal with other aspects of your life that you find challenging.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Faryal
15 years ago 0 51 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 Hello and Welcome! I understand your reluctance concerning online groups. I haven't had much luck myself, however I think you will find people here who will do the one thing that you really seem to be looking for, and that is actually listen. Hope you find what you need. Take care!
15 years ago 0 271 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I just thought I would introduce myself.  First off, I am not big on "group stuff".  I prefer more one on one things.  Internet seems to be ok, but then I get to thinking of how many people may read this stuff and then I get concerned.  I am depressed and have been for most of my life.  I was a cutter, drinker, smoker, toker and sexually active in junior high.  I have three kids, have been with my husband for 21 years.  I don't drink, do drugs, smoke, have indiscrimate sex or cut myself anymore (everything except for the smoking has been over for many years).  I quit smoking 6 months ago.  I don't want anyone saying good for you or belittling my efforts.  It is not something I chose to do for my health or any noble reasons, I did it because I had a choice, pay bills or smoke.  I think I needed power more than I needed the next pack of smokes.

I finally worked up the courage to go to my doctor about 3 weeks ago.  I didn't have the guts to tell her about the problems, but I wrote down a brief summation of things.  She said I was depressed (I figured that out for myself), she put me on Celexa, she advised me to get my husband to do more (good luck there), she told me to stop fighting to get my husband's medical needs taken care of, "he should do it himself", I agree, but if we waited for that to happen it wouldn't get done, as the hospital has lost his medical chart and if someone isn't on top of them, at all times, all will have been for naught (major issues). 

I have a few other health problems (high blood pressure, high cholesterol and congenital heart defects (all caused by my family history)) and have been attempting to adjust my diet accordingly, I have researched one of my problems and it is recognized as Selective Eating Disorder in the UK.  I also advised my doctor of this, and her response was basically, stop being so picky and eat what you are told to.  Good thing, not healthy if it can't stay down now is it? 

Due to alot of the programs/appointments my husband is in, I am forced to attend group sessions, doctors appointments, medical/professional appointments.  I am occassionally included in the discussions, and when I am honest with these people with such high educations, they put me and my husband down and basically make me feel worthless, not good enough to be in the same room as them, to get a better job and do everything they tell me to do.  Like it or lump it and who cares about you.  (I don't know of any new jobs that would allow me to miss anywhere from 1/2 day a month to several days a month for various medical appointments, without firing me).

All of my life, I have been the one that everyone goes to when they have problems.  I finally cannot deal with my problems on my own and now it seems that no-one is there for me.  I have attempted on numerous occassions to discuss my problems and no-one has the time, they are never around, or they have to switch it so they are talking about themselves and their issues.  For example, my dad and his divorce and health issues, my best friend and her ex husbands, her kids, her health issues, my mom and her financial issues, health issues, husband's health issues, my sister and her husband's issues, her kids problems, her health issues.  Not once has anyone ever just listened to what I have to say about my problems and my issues.  Like I said my entire life has been there to listen to everyone else and help them and never ask for anything in return until now.  I feel terrible for thinking so selfishly and then I feel angry because everyone else is being selfish.

I would prefer to find a medical professional who is willing to work with me

Reading this thread: