Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

another newbie

16 years ago 0 63 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello HB and Sunshine! I can identify with both of you ... I'm having a really tough time getting into the sessions. I know part of it is that I'd rather hang out in the forums and talk with people than do the work, but part of it is that doing the therapy feels like "one more thing" on an endless list of things I "should" be doing. Someone once said I was "shoulding" all over myself. LOL ... fits, eh? CBT works. I've been in therapy off and on for almost 30 years and of all the approaches, this is the one that helps me. I'm glad you both found this place. I've met some of the most wonderful people here and found it to be a safe place to express what I'm going through. Again, welcome!
16 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks. Self care is not something that I spend a lot of time on. I am, by profession, a care-giver so my needs usually come last. That being said, I also know that without caring for myself, I really can't provide for anyone else. You can't give what you haven't got, can you? I'll be seeing the doc at 2:30 today to get a hand up on my recovery, although I know that the real solution doesn't come in a prescription bottle. I'm fortunate to have a very loving, understanding partner who is familiar with this path and it's difficulties. I think I'll just do the essentials for the next while and leave the "can wait" stuff for later.
16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Sunshine and HB, Reduce all the "have to do" tasks on the list to the one that is the most important; look after youself first. What do you need in this space and time? How about a long warm bath? How about making up a little script in your head about asking the doctor for meds that will be less obnoxious to you and then call and make an appointment to see the doctor... leave out all the rest of the tasks until you get back some balance - it may take days or longer but you have to refuel yourself before you can do all the other things... By the way, you do these things for yourself, not for anybody else. You are first and when you're up and running again you can think about doing for 'others' later....
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Sunshine & HB! The program and all other tools are located in your session diary. Please go through it at your own pace and keep posting in the support groups. They are often quite helpful when you're feeling down or trying to push through a problem. The forums are also moderated by healthcare professionals so please don't hesitate to ask questions. We hope to hear from you again soon. Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, I am really glad that I've got started on this program but, I really dont know if I'll be able to keep up with it. Except for a few years in school and college, I feel like I've been depressed all my life. The last six months have been especially difficult. I hope this program helps me to get back my lost energy and enthusiasm. I am fortunate to be surrounded by people who love me, they really miss the 'old me' and so do I. I havent contacted a health care professional but I would really like to complete this therapy, especially for them. I could use all the support on the way.
16 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The past couple of weeks I've spent a great deal of time thinking about all of the tasks that I need to get done and finding myself unable to even get started. I finally recognised the symptoms - extreme fatigue, lack of motivation, inability to find joy in just about everything, tons of physical aches and pains. I've been through it before so I should have known it for what it is, but I've just been trying to struggle through. This morning(very,very early) I realised that I am suffering from major depressive symptoms again and that I need to get myself some help before I crash completely. I guess I'll have to make an appointment with my doc and get started on the meds again. Hate them but don't know how I'll get by without them. I'm also hoping that finding some support here will help too.

Reading this thread: