Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

new people talk to us

16 years ago 0 799 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Rina, I just wanted to join your fellow members in welcoming you to the site! The Depression Center offers personalized, interactive tools that have helped thousands of people challenge and overcome their depression. If you look to the left of the screen under "PROGRAM TOOLS" you'll find our Depression Test, Session Diary, CBT Buddies and our Depression Program. The purpose of our Depression Test is to prepare you with information that you can present to your physician. When you're finished the test, you can either print your Final Report or email it directly to your doctor. Your Session Diary is your Depression Program "Control Center." Your Session Diary contains all of your tools, worksheets and results as you move through each of the 16 Sessions in the Depression Program. Our CBT Buddies and Online Support Group allows you to have some anonymous assistance when dealing with depression. The CBT Buddie and Online Support Group is offered on a 24-hour basis and allows you to communicate with others like you around the world. The core of The Depression Center is our Depression Program which is an interactive, 16-session cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)course. When using cognitive behavioral therapy, each person has unique goals in their treatment. Whatever your motivation, cognitive behavioral therapy is a very effective treatment for depression. You can use the tools whether or not you are taking medication, and whether or not you are currently seeing a therapist or mental health professional. The Depression Program has a number of tools and resources to help each individual overcome their depression and win. We hope you find the help you need within The Depression Center. If you ever have any questions or concerns regarding our site or with depression please click the "CONTACT US" link at the bottom of the page. We're open to any questions or concerns you may have. Casey _____________________________ The DC Support Team
16 years ago 0 172 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi rena Gosh, I have been there and still am but with the help of others on this site am getting stronger each day. (i think). It seems that all of us go one step forward and 2 back then at some point you jump 3 forward and feel a little ahead. Comparing yourself to other people in my opinion is not wrong, we all do it to some degree, its just when we are depressed we tend to compare ourselves to the people who can do it all and not the ones who cant. I havent been able to get out of bed for some 3 weeks but have made it to the shop last week. I cooked dinner yesterday, all normal things that I havent been able to do since this depression took hold of me. Dont beat yourself up. Try to do the programe. session 1 is easy and you only see how useful it is when you get onto session 2. Please give it a try. Have you talked about this to your doctor? Please do, I urge you to if you havent as my mistake was to leave things until they got so bad it will be such a hard slog to come back from the fog. You are not alone, you have help here, use it and keep posting your worries. There are a lot of great people posting that give some great advice. Hang on in there. Help is out there you have taken the 1st step. x
16 years ago 0 101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Rina Glad you have reached out. It is the hardest thing to do when you are depressed. and it is the first step. Here you can talk about anything you want and no one will judge you. Welcome
16 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hello, I've just signed up because I am looking for some help. I have always been an anxious and worrysome person, but lately it is getting worse. I seem to cry a lot and blow things out of proportion. I also feel unexcited about the future and have a lot of trouble "getting through" irrelevant things such as grocery shopping or putting up a curtain on my window. I also compare myself a lot to other people, and I know it is wrong at the same time. I am willing to do anything to feel better. Help!
16 years ago 0 172 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Rina, see your logged in, talk to us. x

Reading this thread: