Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,623 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING

line in the sand

18 years ago 0 54 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Is it a good idea when dealing with a family member who has been diagnosed with major depression to draw a line in the sand on what you are willing to put with. I want to do the right thing but I have been dealing with a very serious situation for about 10 months. Is it a good idea to say that this is what I am going to do now and that this person will have to deal with the responsibility of putting the family in this downward spiral? Please help me-I feel like I have been slammed up against a wall and I just don't know what to do or how to help.Somedays I have such strength and am willing to continue the support and stepping back and other days I just want this to end. Also, is it common with depression to seek other outside things to try and make yourself feel better to push away the angry feeling? Thanks for any input. :quest:

Reading this thread: