Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 7:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Cognitive Exposure

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.751 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,585 Members

Please welcome our newest members: EGUEVARRA, MARBIZO, AKARLENE, VRENS PATRICK, GJEANNE MICHAELA

how can i not be negative

18 years ago 0 17 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
here is a suggestion: run with it. say ok, my hair totally sucks. what is the worst thing that could happen? someone might think i was a total loser becuase my hair looks so bad. some guy might not want to date me. some other parent might think i am a terrible parent cause my hair is yucky. what a bunch of silly people they are. maybe i will cornrow it and see what happens. i mean really, my hair is crap. oily and dirty. big deal. i will wash it and it will be frizzy and spastic-looking. big deal. doesnt make me a loser. doesnt make me a bad parent. doesnt make me a less lovable person. just makes me a person that isn't interested in spending a lot of time and money to make my hair look better. i spent $25 yesterday to get a deep condition. she said if i did it every week it would improve. HA! not gonna happen, $100 a month? no way! all those expensive hair cuts. expensive color weaves and highlights. expensive products. all that money hasn't fixed the problem, it apprently requires time and effort styling and ironing it. forget about it. i got better things to do. and better ways to spend my money. thinking that it looks like crap surely isnt going to improve it, but it does make me feel bad about myself. what have your negative thoughts done for you lately? i can tell you who benefits from all of our negative thoughts, though, the beauty industry. if they can convince that there is one standard of beauty and get us to chase it then they get big bucks. whiter teeth. straighter teeth. dermabrasion. facial peel. new clothes. new shoes. new car. new home furnishings. all of it preys on our low self-esteem. screw them, i am keeping my money, thankyou very much, who knows, i might feel better one day and want to celebrate in a tropical local! fight back people, dont get sold on the idea that you arent good enough. lets all save our money for an i-feel-good-about-myself-and-you-cant-stop-me celebration! ;p
18 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
dee, We are sorry to hear about your rough time. Please try and take some time for yourself. It may seem simple enough, but it can really help in giving you an added boost. A nap, hot bath, good book or even some light exercise can assist you. Start a journal if you have not already, and note that this can help you in releasing day to day feeling onto paper. Use the program at a slow and steady pace and you will gain knowledge and progress. Please let us know how we can help, Josie ____________________________________ The Depression Center Support Team.
18 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
can someone please tell me how Not to have negative thoughts? seems to be the only way i can think..............i get so depressed and try telling myself...."well, now don't think so negatively"...does anyone but me realize how futile that is when someone is severely depressed? or am i just a nut?
18 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i try hard not to think and act negatively but can not accomplish it....life just seems to keep pushing me lower and lower...i just don't understand....it is easy to say "just do not allow yourself negative thoughts"...but how can i accomplish it?

Reading this thread: