Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,656 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Julia725, RFULLERO, OJOIZA ALTHEA, PKENNETH LANCE, JSABAS

To my friend G

18 years ago 0 78 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Gabbi, im glad your feeling better today i hear you about the whole pms thing that seems to be when my depression hits me the worst. thank mother nature. my husband knows i have crazy mood swings this time of the month so he walks on egg shells with me around that time j.k. , but anyways what you said about running away i think everyone feels that way sometimes. dont feel guilty about what you said about leaving everything your man and even your kids and because its one thing to think something and actually do it. its easy to just run away but i dont think your problems would just go away if you did that. i feel like running away all the time but usaully its just something i think of that i know i just wont do. i dont know if you were just venting or really planning on doing it, all im saying Gabbi is just think it through. I know you will do what is best for you. you are a very smart strong person like i told you before. i hope everything works out for you. you deseve nothing but happiness Gabbi. Take care, your friend Kat.
18 years ago 0 53 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Gabbi. Getting away from your husband doesn't neccessarily mean leaving your kids. I don't know the laws where you live, but I'm sure there are ways to ensure that you can keep your children with you and still have a chance at a better life away from this man. Its all a matter of making the decision to make it a reality on your end. You are capable. You just need to look into your resources and a decent attorney. Usually, courts determine that children who have been raised primarily by the mother are to stay with the primary care giver. I do not know if you have social services in your country, but I found a lawyer thryough them. In the states, all attorneys are required to do a certain amount of civic duty free of charge...Don't get me wrong, I did not get a ton of money or "stuff" out of my ex...and I never would have expected to, but I do have my son full-time...and I'm away from the person that used to abuse both of us for good.
18 years ago 0 207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Kat and Liz im feeling a little better today had a real bad day saturday i was so angry at everything and everybody think it was a mixture of stress and PMT yay love being a woman! When i said i wanted to run away if im having a hard time i always feel like if i run away like move elsewhere and start again or something all my troubles will go away and yep that means leaving the kids aswell i feel so guilty thinking this way and it usually passes when ive had a good sleep but its just one of the many crazy ideas i get when im stressed. I hope you have both had a good weekend and thanks for your support.Gabbi.
Hey Gabbi! I am so sorry your going through such a hard time sweety I understand. I know you feel like just running away. I dont know if you meant running away from your man. what do you mean by running away. i wish i could talk to you on the CBT buddies thing but for some reason I couldnt down load the CBT buddies on my computer i tried but for some reason my computer wont down load it :( it sucks cause then i could talk to you and it wont let me down load it but anyways what did you mean? I remember that you told me before not to make any important life decisions when your depressed and that was good advice.i support any decisions you make because i can tell that you are a strong smart woman. the thing that concerned me is that he told you to go have a hissy fit and then sat in front of the t.v. that isnt supportive and right now you need some support. depression is a real illness its not a joke. you need all the support you can get so he needs to be there for you right now. i know my husband isnt that supportive so i understand. i can relate to every thing you say i understand. i am not gonna tell you to stay or go that is not my place but just know Gabbi that all though i dont know you personally i am your friend and i care for you. so if you need to talk or vent i will be here for you. you are a good person who deserves nothing but happeness in your life your words and advice has given me alot of hope. like i said i cant use the CBT buddies on my cumputer but i am still here for you. i would like to still here from you and know how your doing however leave me some posts on this site if you want. your friend Kat P.S. it sucks i cant use CBT buddies id really like to talk to you.
18 years ago 0 53 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Gabbi. I did enjoy talking to you last night on CBT. SO, I don't feel terribly uncomfortable saying that if you're thinking of running away from this man....GO! Just be sure to run away in the sense that you have the help of friends and family and work to support your kids! Do it!
18 years ago 0 207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for your concern Kat it means alot to me.I am not in a nice place at the moment i feel like everything i have to do is a hassle i just cant get motivated to do anything i am hoping these feelings pass soon i hate feeling like this i have been really angry i overreact to everything im not sleeping well which dosnt help and on top of that my husband is being totally unsupportive telling me to go away and have a hissy fit and not helping with the kids or with anything in general hes just sitting on his butt watching the tele.I feel like running away from everything.Sorry to be such a downer but it has helped to vent a bit so thanks again for caring.Gabbi.
Hi Gabbi, just wondering how youve been. i hope your doing well :)with all the best of health and happiness that you deserve. i hope to hear from you soon. Take care. your friend Kat.

Reading this thread: