Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

Not coping without medication

10 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Tinkerbell44,

This program is full of advice. If you put the work in your mood should lift within the first few sessions. Have you had a chance to read any of it yet? Any questions so far?
Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 1022 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Tinkerbelle and Stargazing,

I have been on and off medications for 30 years.  Mostly... it's all about finding what works for you at the moment.  What works or doesn't work changes as our bodies and life situations change.  It takes a great deal of patience and persistence to find the right combination of things that work together to improve our moods.  Exercise and good nutrition are very important too and should not be overlooked as a way to naturally help us feel better.  Having a really good pdoc (or in my case an NP) who is willing to listen and work with you can be a real blessing.  Ultimately it is up to you to advocate for yourself... not easy to do when depressed... but still important.  I guess that's about all I can offer... just my experience. It is hard and yes...you are not alone.
10 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Tinkerbell, I saw your post and wanted to let you know I am in a similar situation. I was on medication and doing okay, decided to see if I could be okay without it (with doctor's approval). Ended up back on medication and don't find the medication helping now as much as it did before. Finding it difficult to improve my mood and thoughts. Find it frustrating and lonely. You're not alone. Hang in there.
10 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Due to other medications which I have to take for my heart condition, I am unable to take any antidepressant medication. I'm finding this really hard, trying to lift my mood even a little is very difficult. I wondered if there was anyone out there who has any advice or who may be in the same position as me. I would welcome any input at this point

Reading this thread: