Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,515 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

Mirtazipine

14 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lance,

The holidays can be a difficult time for many.  Do focus on you and if your not in company of other friends or family, plan something for yourself.  Make a great meal, go for a walk, rent a movie.  Set some little goals for yourself, go to bed at the same time and rise at the same time, get outside for a few minutes everyday, clean, write, read.  Take your time to heal and get back to where you want to be.

We know its not easy, baby steps will help.

Josie, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 194 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

This has really turned in to a bad set back. Just the basics are hard right now. I havnt left the house in days. I want to sleep and thats it, but I cant, even at night. Last nigh I layed awake, was up and down for 7 hours. My head wont shut off. Then I finally do sleep and I dont want to wake up. 

I have the fear feelings again, the hopeless and worthlessness back too. I lay awake and think bad senarios to deal with things and the holidays coming up with out my kids.

When all you had was family, you ruined it, they hate you and you have no one else. What do you do for the holidays?

14 years ago 0 217 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Lance,

I'm sorry that you've been struggling so much lately, hopefully you will get out of that rough patch soon, I hate to see you struggle. You will do well again.... in time, I can assure you. Keep your head up and try to see the light at the end of the tunnel, it is there....it's just been a bit foggy in my neck of the woods lately.. it will clear up soon!

I'm here for you! 

Strength

14 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lance,

Goofy makes a good point when she says to prioritize the issues that you need to deal with first, break them down and go from there. Continue to make time to do the things you really enjoy (working-out, cooking). Take things one day at a time, and write down anything you may want to bring up with your doctor to ensure you remember. Work through the mood tracker and if you have time to do so, keep a journal. Let us know how things are going, keep us posted.

Samantha, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lance, you did start taking the medication again, I think it was the right decision as the doctor put it in your hands to make the decision and getting off the medication was not helping.  However, you've got alot of issues going on right now.  I won't list them here as you know them better than I.  However, I encourage you to hang in there, try not to feel overwhelmed, prioritize the issues you need to deal with first.  What steps can you take to work on that issues (you know we didn't get to where we are now in one day, it isn't gonna be "fixed" in a day either).  I know you are having difficulty with concentration and focus to work on the program sessions (another post).  Try reading them one paragraph at a time and at least do the mood tracker every day.  When you see the therapist you can print that out so that he can see how things have been going (just a suggestion).  Lance, hang in there and keep us posted on how things are going with everything. 

14 years ago 0 194 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ive been back on for almost two weeks> im still not doing well at all. I dont see the doc till the 8th. Everything seems so bad right now. I feel exhausted and I slept most of the day. I dont like any of this one bit. I was doing well, now I feel like crap.

Reading this thread: