Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Zoloft and Blackouts

16 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all Spoke to my psychiatrist yesterday who said it isnt the Zoloft all SSRI's carry that warning - he told me to stay on them and he will speak to my physician on Monday - having just gone through Neurology Ive now been passedd to cardiology for the blackouts due to the results of a 48 hour heart monitor. But passing out - 3 times yesterday - is pushing my hold on things. I can barely deal with my depression and anxiety - will see my CBT therapist next week if I can get to him but he's great and will come to me if not Thanks again - shows me that I know (in UK) our drs are General Practitioners they really have no up to date knowledge of mental health issues and medication. And that said my dr is great and very open to and supportive of my depression - seeing me once a week without miss. MX
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
MindfulZ, I would strongly suggest to you as you taper to keep your physician apprised of any withdrawal symptoms you experience. He/she is the best authority to decide on which course of action is best to take from there. Good luck! Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mindful, I'm not sure what is the exact definition of "tapering" a medication, but it doesn't look to me, your meds are being tapered.. Probably it's too fast you're supposed to get off them now. You shouldn't experience serious side effects by tapering medications. Can you talk to your doctor again or another doctor? Take care please
16 years ago 0 36 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Anytime I've gone from one medication to another, including to and from Zoloft, I've experienced lightheadedness, but never blackouts. Sounds like you are working with your physician, though, which is the best route. Good luck.
16 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear all I have just been taken off of Sertraline (Zoloft) 150mg day due to blackouts (up to 3 a day) but reading about this online it seems that withdrawal causes blackouts as well. Have been referred to a cardiologist as my GP thinks the Sertraline is a trigger not the cause. Can any one help with advice especially as I have been told to reduce from 150 a day to 50 a day today and then by Tuesday off completely. Any help will be really appreciated xxx

Reading this thread: