Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,719 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Ktktindy1, Julesy, grames, rainyjade, AJ8142

Hyper sensitivity to all anti-depressants

16 years ago 0 799 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Thanks for sharing your experiences with these medications. For anyone who has concerns with your meds, please don't hesitate to consult with your health care provider. As individuals, certain meds may affect one differently. Casey _______________________________ The DC Support Team
16 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Effexor did it to me- someone told me it was brain shivers. Hit me like a zap and some part of my body, i.e. arm, hand, leg, etc. would twitch/jerk real hard. Sometimes it would be my head that jerked or twitched to the side- very disturbing (and embarassing) when talking to people or in public. I'm weaning off Effexor now and the spasms have slowed down a lot. Hopefully they'll disappear altogether once it's completely out of my system...
17 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi sadown, Thanks for sharing your experiences with medications. It is good to hear that you found a doctor that was helpful. For anyone who is on or is considering use of medications, keep in mind that as individuals everyone may be affected differently. Never hesitate to consult with your health care provider regarding any concerns that may arise. Casey ___________________________________ The Depression Center Support Team
17 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Anyone else out there that can't take any meds? Sometimes it happens within days and with others (and I think I've tried just about all; that were out 5 years ago) it may take weeks; but eventually I end up with uncrontrolled body movements. Just like seizures; but I am conscious. When the medication is taken away the movements go away. Again; it depended on the med; sometimes right away and once it took weeks before it stopped. I finally found a doctor who realized what was going on. The other doctors I had just wanted to up my dosage of which ever med i was taking; or prepare a coctail for me!! BE VERY CAREFULL with medications. You know your body best.

Reading this thread: