Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,523 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7

All work and no pay makes Jill a whiny baby

12 years ago 0 60 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes, I have considered all sorts of other employment options. I haven't pushed getting a second job too much yet as I can barely handle all the work I do now and I would break if I added more to it. But if we find that my husband's injuries are going to take a very long time to heal then I will have to find someway of putting the company 'on hold' or closing it altogether without having to give up my house and then I could be free to take on an entirely new job. But more than likely if the business closes at this point it would take my house with it. (the business as gone in debt and I used my house to secure the debt)

Writing a letter to my husband? Been there done that...and it ends the same way our discussions end....not good.
12 years ago 0 270 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
brightsunnyday,

You are definitely welcome to post anytime here. It's not whining and we are happy to listen and do what we can to help! I'm so sorry to hear about the accident and your husband's injuries. It sounds like this is a really challenging and stressful time for you. Have you looked into other options as far as employment is concerned? With respect to the dynamic between your husband and yourself, are there any particular times of day during which it may be better to engage in conversations about the work situation? Some people find it helpful to put their thoughts down in a written letter as opposed to a discussion when they are seeking to get through to someone. Is this something you would consider?

Please update us about the situation. I'm hoping that things get better for you!

Yours in support,

Sonia
12 years ago 0 60 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My husband and I have our own small company. Two months ago he was hit by another loaded tractor trailer and hasn't worked since. Our equipment was destroyed in the accident and we are still awaiting judgement from the insurance company so we can repair our vehicle. Even when the vehicle is repaired I am not sure my husband will be able to handle the 13 hours a day, 6 days a week of work that includes heavy lifting. He has damage to his spine, left elbow and knees. I do not know when he can go back to work. I work for his company and although he is not bringing in any revenue, the office still operates and I still have work to do. Plus I have all the accident paperwork and recording keeping. But without revenue neither of us get paid. I am tired and discouraged. I can't keep up with the bills and he is in pain, angry and always insulting me. I am finding it difficult to keep going. It seems so futile to work so hard but receive nothing. I might have been able to handle it if he wasn't attacking me constantly. He yells that I should be supporting him at a time like this, and I am trying to hard to bring ice packs, bring medication, help with things, and keep doing my job, the house and home-schooling our 5 kids. I want to whine to someone but I don't want to bring everyone else around me down....
Anyone wanna hear me whine?

Reading this thread: