Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

feeling grateful

14 years ago 0 217 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm glad that my little message meant a lot to you Deborah! Really glad actually.

Strength 

14 years ago 0 102 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Strength.    That means a lot.
Deborah
14 years ago 0 217 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am grateful to be able to witness other people make such great progress and experience success!

Strength

14 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
cvdeb,

This is amazing success!  WOW, you boss sounds really supportive and great.  The fact that she wants you back for the big project, just promotes how good you are doing!

Pushing through is great progress and we can see that you have made this progress your own!  Feel proud and keep going, your doing great!

Josie, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
cvddeb, that is AWESOME news.  Gratitude plays a major part in my recovery.  Everyday I find somethingSSSSS to be grateful for.   It sounds as if you have also had a huge weight lifted off your shoulders, knowing you have two more weeks and your boss doesn't expect "full force" but easing in to it.  I think that is awesome too! 

I agree it's nice to have those who mean so much to us understand where we are at or at least attempt to do so in an accepting non critical way. 

I am so very happy for you.  It's okay to cry no matter where you are .....it's an emotion and when you feel it do it.  I don't know why society has made "crying" such a horrible thing when I think we should all do it more - with or without depression.

Congratulations on your good news and easing in, recognizing what you have to be grateful for in friends and family and employer. 

14 years ago 0 102 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My boss drove down from San Francisco today so we could have a "girls" day.  We hung out, had lunch, and a really good discussion about work and depression.  I didn't know that she'd been through it too at one point in her life.  She told me what she wants to see from me-- to take two more paid weeks off, and be back March 15 for one specific project.  She doesn't want me to worry about the other parts of my job temporarily, but to ease back in.  I really was planning on hitting it full bore on Wednesday.

Um, I cried.  In a really nice restaurant too.  I was so grateful that it went beyond words.  I had to suck it up pretty fast though because it was a very nice place and we were talking about work.

She also brought me a box of chocolate to "boost the anti-depressant". 

Today was the first day that I didn't sleep most of the day.  I'm tired, feeling a little goofy from going out, and medicine side effects (which are still pretty mild).  But it was a good day.  I was still able to answer my phone, to get out, to interact.  And I am so grateful grateful grateful.  I know I'm not better yet.  I know that it's going to take more time, but I'm heading in the right direction.   I am truly thanking God I have people here to support me, and people here in my life who understand too.  Not all of them do, but the ones who are important to me are doing their best to understand.

Just checking in.
deb

Reading this thread: