Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

went back to work

14 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I decided to go back to the center because there isn't a lot of landscaping to do in the winter and I need work as part of my "therapy".  I am only working part-time there like I do with the landscaping and when landscaping picks up, I hope to do both. 
I was dealing with dad's death and on FMLA(family and medical leave act) when I resigned but alot of my resignation had to do with a bully (an equal co-worker) and as you may remember, that was one of the triggers that lead to my initial break (major depressive episode).  I did not have to deal with that; didn't want to deal with the "channels" and I was fortunate to have the opportunity to do landscaping. 
14 years ago 0 217 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Goofy,

I just read this post now! It is wonderful to hear that you are back and work and loving it! I love hearing you doing well, you are an awesome person, you deserve to be happy!

Strength 

14 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Goofy:

Awesome!
14 years ago 0 199 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
goofy,

I am so glad you had a good day back at work and that you are getting to do something you truly love.
They are so lucky to have you there and we are also very lucky to have you here.

You are truly blessed,
Sid
14 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Goofy,

Congratulations for starting back at the Center!  I love hearing that you are excited about plans in this area!  What made you decide to go back?

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I went back to work at the Center.  It is a good thing.  I love it and forgot how much I loved it.  I also liked the landscaping though.  I do like using my education even if a bit underemployed.  I talked to my old boss (he got a promotion) and he is going to do my supervision for me to get my CADC (certified alcohol and drug counselor).  I'm excited about this as I let all my certifications - go; when I was depressed.  I can get them back - but earning a NEW one will make me feel good; the others I can get back with $$$ and  a test I've already passed once. 
I'll be torn when landscaping starts back again.
OH btw, I've thinking 'bout you folks who live "up" North.  I don't know how you do it.  It's been cold here (for us) in the 30's and I'm freezing!  And the winds been blowing and well, y'all got something going on that I ain't to be able to put up with it!

Reading this thread: