Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

Unexpected Cleaning Spree

13 years ago 0 121 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Strength,

Yes, I wish I had more "expected" cleaning sprees!  LOL!

I actually got motivated again today, but I think it is because I am leaving for a trip soon, and I like to leave the house nice before I leave. It always feels good so good to come home to a clean house. 

13 years ago 0 217 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sally,

I can totally relate to the unexpected cleaning spree, this happens to me at least once a month. I will just start cleaning slowly, and all of sudden an hour has passed and a room has become spotless..hahhaha 

For me it is really good therapy. I think I will do that more often, maybe some "expected" cleaning sprees...perhaps

Strength

Thanks for the encouragement!

13 years ago 0 910 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well the important thing, is that your girl's room is all nice and clean and the rest will come when it does :) <3
Hi Diva and Jason,

Thanks Diva! My husband thought that I had been secretly replaced too!  I am so sore today. I even have bruises on my arms from moving bookcases. I guess I got a good workout yesterday. 

Yes, I do write my goals down and break them into little steps. But it is really more of a "to do" list. I have completed section 2 and am actually on section 4.

An example of my goals are: finish filling my new filing cabinet, have some pictures printed out, get my pets shots updated (the first time in my life where I let them lapse!), get a frame for a large piece of art, spray window frames for mold, and put away the pile of keepsakes and storage items that have been piling up for two years.

I basically want to accomplish these items before school starts in Sept. Now I just need to focus on those and stop getting side tracked. I think the problem is that I don't want to do them, so I ignore them.

13 years ago 0 910 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go Sally! I find I am often most productive when I do thing spur of the moment like that lol. For example, the other day out of the blue, Ireorganized all my art supplies and all my paper products (of which I have a lot). My husband asked me as a joke: Who are you and what have you done with my wife lol! Then he thanked me for the help in the house. It felt so nice! So I get how you feel. Whether or not it was on your goal list it is still a great success! soo woohoo to you!
13 years ago 0 223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sally,

Glad to hear you are working through the program.  While it might not be one of your goals, don't be too hard on yourself.

What are your goals and have you written them out?  While this may sound like a tedious task, writing your goals can keep you focused on them.

Take a quick glance at section 2: Goals and Activities and use the goal planner worksheet in your toolbox.

And please check in and let us know how it is going.

Jason, Bilingual Health Educator
I don't know what happened, but yesterday, I was overcome by a need to rip apart my daughter's bedroom and clean everything. I have not done that in a couple years.

I just went in to change the sheets on the bed, and the next thing I know, I was moving furniture around, donating things, washing and dusting everything, etc. She has asthma, so I even stuffed all her pillows and plush animals into the freezer (kills dust mites), washed her curtains, and ran a large HEPA filter all day. 

I probably went overboard, but the room looks and feels so nice now.

I have been doing the "goals" section of the program, and this was not one of my "goals." I have noticed a pattern with me. I will do things like that and leave my actual goals undone. I wonder why I do that? 

Regardless, it feels nice to have her room all organized and spotless. I should do it more often because of the asthma, but I just couldn't this past year due to the depression.

Reading this thread: