Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Birthday Eve

13 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Goofy, Sorry I missed your birthday! Sounds like the day went great. Glad to see your feeling upbeat.Like strength said fill us in on where you went? I always like to think about food HAHA! Glad you had a good day talk to you soon!
13 years ago 0 217 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Goofy,

Where did you go out to eat? I love hearing about where people went out to eat and how was it? I am glad that you got the thoughtful gifts, doesn't it just feel so great! 

Strength
13 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Goofy, this is great news!!! Enjoy your non-dizzy day! And it is also marvelous to hear that your son made your b-day extra special, you deserve it!

Samantha, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My son made my birthday extra special, taking me out to eat and surprising me by having invited two very close friends and their significant other.  I got lots of thoughtful gifts.  I rode with them due to the dizzy..... but but but

TODAY (5/3/10) is my first day without any dizzy to any degree in almost 7 weeks.  whew!  I feel good, na na na na na na na!
14 years ago 0 217 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Happy B-day Goofy! That does sound like quite the day, glad to hear it all panned out well though!

Strength 
14 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Happy Birthday Goofy!

It sounds like you had a really long day yesterday!  Glad to hear you got through it and you are ok.  The scar removal was a nice gift to yourself

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 121 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Happy Birthday, Goofy!   So good to see your humor shining through again in your post.    Glad you got the surgery done - anything to make us feel better about ourselves, huh?    And sorry about the tooth, but it's a good thing it's gone.    Hope your birthday is (was) a good one.    So glad you're back posting again.   You were missed!

14 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi,  I had such a simple day planned, a birthday present to myself.  A long story but simple outpatient surgery to remove a scar that I had placed on myself as a result of my depression.  I was excited, so it wasn't a constant reminder when I looked in the mirror (it was above my eyebrow).  I had a sore and kept picking at it (I know gross, but I did and it formed a horrific scar with a callous).  It's been there for three or so years and I've been wanting it removed.  So I scheduled for 4/29, the day before my birthday.  I woke up and had a horrific toothache and the lower right side of my face swollen.  I had my scar removed and called the dentist on the way home (45 min. drive one way).  I saw the dentist and she referred me to a surgeon back in the same town 45 min away to have my tooth extracted by a maxiofacial surgeon.  (lower right side).  lol, scar upper left side.  Anyway, not the day I had imagined, my anxiety was running high.  I had a terrific friend who was able to on 30 minute notice drive me to get the tooth extracted, get my meds filled and home.  I don't have a tooth ache, though my mouth is still swollen, my scar looks better even if it does have three stitches in it, and I'm not drinking through a straw as the tooth was in the back.  I think I did good today......anxiety and all!!!!

Reading this thread: