Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

Falling out of a church pew

14 years ago 0 31 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go Goofy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations on your accomplishment despite feeling dizzy and being able to see the humor in the situation.

Onward and upward, so they say.

Take care.
14 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Amazing goofy!

Wow, it seems like your worst fear happened, and it wasn't even that bad!  Use this experience next time you are reluctant to go somewhere.  It sure gives a funny story to tell too!

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I decided to go (dizzy and all) to the women't s Christian conference with a group of women (imagine that).  It was a 6 hour drive and the dizzy tagged along.  Left Thursday a.m. returned Sat. night.  Did some shopping, walked with a friend who walks slow for other health issues, so that worked out.  Was dizzy while I was there; worse in the a.m.  However, it was a good message through the whole conference.  I found it interesting the speaker talked about using spirituality in the context of CBT (though she didn't readily say that - she described that in detail).  The second day was about relatonships and it was useful as well. 

NOW, getting to the crux of the story, Sat. a.m. I was very dizzy.  I had to get up twice and go out.  I decided I'd not disturb those sitting around me and found this pew in the back of the church that was appr. 4' long and had the collection plates in it.  I sat there with my eyes closed listening, nodding my head slightly if she said someting I agreed with, decided to shift positons and the whole pew moved and me and the collection tins flew to the floor (I only got my pride hurt).  I looked up, I think that's a natural instince, and all eyes on that side of the church were on me.  One of the girls I went with came and helped me, but I just wanted to laugh.  I guess I was definitely "moved" by the service.  And we had a blast with everyone teasing me about falling out of the church pew.

Now that doesn't make for the success story, the success story is that I, despite my dizzy, went with a group (10) of understanding/accommodating friends on a three day outing and had fun.  Lots o' fun.  I made myself go, despite saying the whole time, I just need to stay home, I don't want t ogo, I'm dizzy, I can't go, I won't have fun, I will just have to stay in the hotel room, I'll drag them down, they won't have fun if I go, etc.  And I dispelled all those negative thoughts.  This is the thrid time I've done this in the recent past and it gets easier every time. 

Reading this thread: