Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

On the way to achieving a goal

15 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cindy Sue,

That sounds like an uplifting trip!  Let us know how it goes.  Enjoy and have fun! 

Karen, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 85 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi CindySue

Well done on the decision to do this day trip! Hope you enjoy it. I think we get so caught up in life that we forget to just have fun sometimes.....

15 years ago 0 910 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey CindySue,

I think it is great what you areplanning for yourself! Have fun and let us know how it goes!
15 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cindysue, have fun and let us know how it goes.  I like your attitude - just going to focus on the positive!  Looking forward to hear your success story when you return.
15 years ago 0 32 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stardust,
I read through the list and put check marks next to everyone I either used to like to do or think I would like to do...it has lots of good ideas for simple things. I've been feeling so low I think in a way I didn't feel I deserved to do fun things. Now I realize it is important to make them a priority.

The trip at the end of November is motivating for me as a kind of reward for sticking with CBT, and I'll be able to enjoy the trip more if I'm less depressed then!

15 years ago 0 42 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi CindySue

Great stuff. So pleased for you. Hope you have a glorious time and the sun shines.

You have just motivated me to print myself a copy of 'Pleasant Activities' - Thanks 

15 years ago 0 32 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I decided to make my goal to take a small day trip. Well I chose a place and researched how to get there and miraculously it looks like my husband is on board, too! We might even do it this Saturday.

I told my husband how I was doing this CBT and I even told him how I had a printed list of "Pleasant Activities" to choose from, and surprisingly it seems like he is realizing that we need to make more of an effort to do fun things.  He isn't depressed himself but he really gets into workaholic mode. 

In fact our day trip on Saturday would be combined with his work, I want to go to a nature reserve that just so happens to be near a town he needs to visit for his work, so he's going to visit his work contacts first and then we'll go from there to the reserve. Well, at least it's something.

But even better news is we stopped into a travel agency and we might be going on a 5 day trip to a place where we've always wanted to go, that wouldn't be until the end of November. I do have something about the nature of the trip that I could complain about but you know what, I'm just going to try to focus on the positive.

Reading this thread: