Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Working Again

15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HEllo PandaII

Congratulations on all your success!
15 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Panda II,   Congrats on getting back to work...... I'm sure that in itself encourages you to feel more confident and proud each day.   It's also great to see that you have overcome and conquered 2 major addictions and found CAMH to be very helpful in that journey.   Now that version 3 will be launched soon, you will have the flexibility of working on any session you like rather than going in a particular sequence so don't worry too much about falling behind. Mind you, you will need to complete session 1 in the new version first.   As you said..........first things first.     Faryal, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow Panda II, seems like you have a whole bunch of successes there! Congrats on getting back into the working world. Sounds like you are doing well. I have also found that getting into a good routine helps alot. And an additional congrats on overcoming your addictions- that must have taken alot of determination and strength. Just keep taking one step at a time!
Pete is right, this will be an inspiration to us all.....
15 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nice one!

Many congratulations. I found it hard going back to work after two weeks off, so I can only imagine your achievement in returning to work after two years.

Inspiring to myself and many others here, I have no doubt. Thanks for sharing.
15 years ago 0 34 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
As I may have said before,I recently started working after not working for about 2 years.
In that time I dealt with not drinking 26 oz. of whiskey/day , and not smoking 50 cigarettes/day.
It's been over two years now since I stopped both .

Since I started working, I'm working as a courier , driving all around Toronto, I get home around 7pm too tired to do much of anything. I glance at some of the support group, but am too tired to add anything.
I'm way back on lesson 2 but the most important thing right now for me is achieving this routine of getting up at 6:30am making my sandwiches and heading out on the road.The CBT  I will do later, cause there's still lots of baggage to deal with.

First Things First.

Reading this thread: