Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,630 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

The best that I can do.

8 years ago 0 1009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Me101,

How did the weekend go? How are things progressing?

All the best,

Dave
8 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That's a great idea me101!

Let us know if and when you use the videos. I have no doubt it will be helpful to you.

Ashley, Health Educator
8 years ago 0 1009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Excellent progress me101! The video's a great idea. I've always thought that I wish I had made a video of myself completely annihilated so I could refer back to it when I wanted to drink. It's been quite awhile since I was in that state. All I can say is life will continue to get better and better the longer you stay away from.

Keep going!

Dave

8 years ago 0 38 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well it is Saturday. I was really happy waking up this morning sober. My pizza was really good last night,and so was the movie. Tonight it is Lasagna with a movie I picked up at the library. I have also made a video to myself on my phone. I have two videos actually one I made after my 4 day relapse. Telling myself  that it  was  just not worth it any more. I was pretty messed up on that one, and the other is me this morning telling myself all the steps to follow in order to avoid a relapse, and to show myself the difference between a sober me, and me hungover. Sometimes I just do not do what I am suppose to do, or I forget important details. I am hoping that by having a video of myself, before, and after the battle that I will have a better chance. Well at least I see myself, and what I look like after a 4 day drinking bender. I am trying, and for now that is the best that I can do. 

Reading this thread: