Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,630 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

The Possibilities are Endless!

7 years ago 0 1562 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
if you are like I am, you probably spend over 90 per cent of your thinking time worrying about stuff we have absolutely no control over.

The books I like the most "A New Earth" and "Power of Now" talk about this incessant thinking. The egoic mind has taken everybody over. We are addicted to thinking. Why he calls it addiction? Because we can't stop thinking. 
7 years ago 0 154 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It passes through my mind many times as to why we restrict ourselves to our problems and challenges and crisis that occur throughout our life. In fact, if you are like I am, you probably spend over 90 per cent of your thinking time worrying about stuff we have absolutely no control over. And what is our usual response? Drink ourselves into oblivion. Rarely if ever do we consider what we will be doing once we lay this body of corruption down (ie die). What do other members on this forum think and you need not be religious to provide your thoughts? Remember this. According to scientific evidence (easily verifiable) there are are over 100 billion galaxies like our Milky Way and within each of these galaxies there are billions of stars like our sun, not to mention planets or moons etc. As the commercial ad says: "The possibilities are endless!"

Reading this thread: