Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

strange feeling

12 years ago 0 17 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the reply! 
I've 'been meaning' to talk to my doctor about depression. I just havn't really been able to work up the courage to admit it to anyone, and especially with having a drinking problem I've never wanted to admit that to anyone either. 
It's good to know that I have support here though! I think the anonymity of this site lets me better vent out my issues because most people here have, are or will go through these. 
Also, 
keep reminding yourself that you have accomplished an amazing feat (probably you once thought impossible) and you have the strength and support to continue it.

Thanks for these words, they are very true and very encouraging! I hope your controlling your drinking is going well too. I'm pretty sure I saw in another post that you were at one week, congratulations! It can be tough but the more you prove to yourself that you are able to do it, the easier it can get. Keep it up :)! Glad we have this site for support. 
12 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

The main reason I drank was to feel happy (well, that and numb from pain). I was diagnosed with depression and when I drank I didn't feel it. I am not saying you are depressed, but that might be part of your angst. I now deal with my depression through exercise, therapy and some monitored Rx. This is NOT for everyone, but I think that it's worth it for you to talk to your health care professional about how you are feeling. If you do choose to take meds (IF it is recommended by said professional) then make sure you research the meds to find side effects and possible addictive properties. After all.... in the meantime, keep reminding yourself that you have accomplished an amazing feat (probably you once thought impossible) and you have the strength and support to continue it.

12 years ago 0 17 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've been doing pretty good with controlling my drinking the past 3 months, I have slipped up a couple times but I've also really begun to change some habits that lead me to alcohol binges (yay!)

Lately though, I've been finding that almost anything can make me cry. I've never really been a crier in the past but even watching some stories on the news make me tear up! I know Josie you were saying that I need to let my body readjust itself to help the healing process but sometimes it gets excessive (Like balling at the mention of my sisters upcoming baby shower, I'm not even sure what emotion crying about this is representing). Has anyone else ever had this? 
I'm also kinda curious to know if anyone knows anything having an alcohol dependence playing a part on not ever really crying before, and maybe a couple years of repressed tears are just coming out now ? 
I don't know, just wondering mostly. 

kj  
12 years ago 0 82 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
now, I'm getting soooooo tired in the mid to late afternoon....  I have tea and something sweet, but it doesn't help.... 
12 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
snap,

Your mind and body are going through many changes, make sure you listen and react accordingly. 

If you need to cry..cry
If you need to sleep...sleep
If you need to vent..vent

It may take some time, but you will find yourself moving forward!

Josie, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 82 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
for the last 2 days I've had this very odd feeling like I've been crying, but I haven't been!  weird!?!!!

Reading this thread: