Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Rebuilding Your Self-Esteem

10 years ago 0 28 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Dave.  I, too, am glad that I came back to this site.
I have done some "catch-up" reading on these posts, and remembered why I sought this forum. Thanks for the encouragement.

10 years ago 0 1009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sadie,

It's a tough go. I can really appreciate how you feel and how agonizing it can be to try and pull yourself out of this challenge. You are so much stronger than you may realize at the moment and I'm really glad you've come back to the site and you're taking this challenge head-on. I really admire the strength it took to make that list and at the moment it may seem really daunting but it's going to change and you're going to get the positive support you need so you can get past it and find some peace. Hang in there. Things will get better.

Best regards,

Dave
10 years ago 0 28 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes, my self-esteem has taken quite a blow over the past few years. The struggle over my addiction to alcohol has beaten me up pretty badly. There is much denial, guilt, regret, blame, apathy, and not wanting to deal with myself anymore!  This, along with my depression, has made it difficult to see any self-worth. Negative thoughts piggy back on the "voice" to drink. I am presently working with my therapist on this very issue. Listing my values, my successes. And planning to live my life accordingly.
It is very difficult. I am my own worst enemy.

10 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members,

Has an illness, addiction or other left your self-esteem in the gutter? In the weeks to come, we will be exploring various strategies to help rebuild your self-esteem:
•    Make a list of all your successes and read it everyday.
•    Surround yourself with positive, supportive people. You are who you hang around with.
•    Pick a mantra and repeat to yourself every morning and in times of self-doubt
•    If you’re struggling in an academic or work-related situation, ask for help! Or do some research; attend a seminar or workshop to increase your competence.
•    Seek outside help like a counselor, support group or peer mentor.
Please add your thoughts on rebuilding your self-esteem! 

Reading this thread: