Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,654 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Julia725, RFULLERO, OJOIZA ALTHEA, PKENNETH LANCE, JSABAS

Myth or Fact?

12 years ago 0 272 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Definitely.   Way to often.   When I first admitted to having a drinking problem in 2006, never mind a severe drinking problem, my friends, family and co workers were stunned.   I'd been drunk at work for 6 months and no body had noticed.

Unfortunately, high tolerance seems to run in my family

splitimage
12 years ago 0 73 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh yes.  Way too often.  When I finally confessed to my husband of (then) seventeen years that I thought I was an alcoholic, he was surprised.  I'd been drinking a bottle of wine a day for as long as I could remember, and he hadn't noticed.  He knew I drank, but I kept the bottle that lasted four days in plain sight and refilled my glass from the bottles I hid.  But I think another reason I like to drink alone and always at ight is because there's no risk anyone will find me out and judge me. 
12 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Myth: Someone who has had too much to drink will show visible signs of intoxication.

Fact: Physical appearance can be misleading. Many people can drink and show no outward signs of drunkenness.

Have you ever tricked somebody into believing you were sober?

The Auto Channel:  "Drunk Driving Myths Still Persist Insurance Company Encourages Safe Holiday Driving and Posts ``Drive Sober'' Billboards".  Retrieved from:  http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2004/12/22/309389.html on Jan 21, 2012

Reading this thread: