Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,645 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ASHAINE, EFAJARDO, MMAGTARAYO, JARCA, JCONOPIO

New here :)

4 years ago 0 47 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Lynn, 

I struggle when I have late nights and have to come home a suddenly stop. My daughter plays travel soccer so I often don’t get home until 11 pm. That’s when I enjoy my glass of wine. Except usually I have two :( Tonight I’m going to try to have some diet gingerale!  
4 years ago 0 348 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
EJM715 and Sabastian,

Congratulations to both of you!  It sounds like you are taking some time to plan.  As you've experienced, that really helps when those tempting times arise.  Keep it up!

Lynn
4 years ago 0 31 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sabastian, How are you doing?  I’m making sure I have plenty of seltzer cold & some popcorn in the house. Also making sure there are no open bottles of wine & luckily all we have in the house at the moment is beer that I don’t like. Also mentally preparing myself, I worked out this morning so telling myself I don’t want to waste calories on drinking.
Pretty much anything I can think of to occupy my mind in other ways. How are you planning? 
Hi EJM715, I’m starting to think about my week and what that looks like. What are your plans? They might help me too! 
Hi! Thanks for checking in! I’m doing well, I’m thinking about how to prepare for the upcoming week & also how to move forward from here. Taking it one day at a time is the best approach I can think of & seems to be working so far. It’s been a little over a week since I drank too much & joined this site. Everyday I get more confident that I can take control & figure out the best way for me to handle my drinking going forward.  Thank you all so much for the support!! 
I had a better week :) and am thinking about next week. I’m learning where to cut back and what works for me. But I still have a ways to go. 
4 years ago 0 348 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
EJM715 and Sabastian,

How are things going for you? 
Hi EJM714 how are you doing? Is your party tonight? 
So far so good! Haven’t had any alcohol. Eating pretzels & having some seltzer. Putting myself to bed as soon as my kids are asleep. Thanks for checking! How are you doing?
How is your evening going? 

Reading this thread: