Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,645 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ASHAINE, EFAJARDO, MMAGTARAYO, JARCA, JCONOPIO

New here :)

4 years ago 0 47 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How is your evening going? 
4 years ago 0 31 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I feel the same Sabastian! I am also learning what works best for me. If I start drinking early on in the day for whatever reason it is very hard for me to stop. That’s why I taking a step back & abstaining to see if I can handle moderation or if it’s better for me to abstain for good. My husband is coming home late tonight & the last time I drank too much (last Thursday) was also a night he came home late. I’m nervous about getting through tonight but I keep telling myself I don’t want to feel like garbage tomorrow & I don’t want to fight w my husband when he gets home. We are just getting back to normal from last week. I have no choice but to stay alcohol free tonight & for the next few weeks. I have to be stronger than my urges. Anyway please keep me posted on how you are doing & thank you to everyone for allowing me to be honest & for all the advice & kind words. I really think this has helped me get through the past few days.
It’s going okay, not perfect but better. I feel so thankful to talk to people honestly about this. EJM715  I feel like my struggles are so similar to yours! I’m learning to be mindful about what works and doesn’t work for me. A simple example is if I drink anything during the day, on a weekend, or vacation, it doesn’t sit well with me. So I’m better off waiting until the evening and having a glass of wine. Or it might be better for me to offer to drive so I can’t be tempted. I am stocking up on diet ginger ale and sparkling water for weekend days! It’s a start and if it doesn’t work I’ll have to take another step. Thanks to all of you for letting me be honest! I’m glad you are doing so well :) please keep in touch 
It’s going okay, not perfect but better. I feel so thankful to talk to people honestly about this. EJM715  I feel like my struggles are so similar to yours! I’m learning to be mindful about what works and doesn’t work for me. A simple example is if I drink anything during the day, on a weekend, or vacation, it doesn’t sit well with me. So I’m better off waiting until the evening and having a glass of wine. Or it might be better for me to offer to drive so I can’t be tempted. I am stocking up on diet ginger ale and sparkling water for weekend days! It’s a start and if it doesn’t work I’ll have to take another step. Thanks to all of you for letting me be honest! I’m glad you are doing so well :) please keep in touch 
Thank you Lynn123! I will take a look. That’s been my issue, trying to figure out how many drinks is ok for me to have & being able to stop when I know I should. I’m hoping to learn to moderate but may not be in the cards for me. I got through last night w out anything & am feeling better everyday. Thank you for all of your kind words & support! ??

Sabastian, How are you doing?
Thank you Lynn123! I will take a look. That’s been my issue, trying to figure out how many drinks is ok for me to have & being able to stop when I know I should. I’m hoping to learn to moderate but may not be in the cards for me. I got through last night w out anything & am feeling better everyday. Thank you for all of your kind words & support! ??

Sabastian, How are you doing?
4 years ago 0 348 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
EJM715,

It does get easier, or it did for me.  Believe it or not, I had a lot of pressure relieved when I decided to give it up completely.  It was not what I wanted to do but once I told myself I wouldn't drink again, it got easier.  No wondering when would be the "safe" time to try another drink.  No wondering how many would be safe.  I just wasn't going to have anymore.  Ever.  And as horrifying as that may sound, it was the most relieving thing I have ever done.  

I wrote to Ashley, a Health Educator on this site, in the the thread Thanks Ashley.  It's in this forum, the Health Educator's Corner forum, to thank her after a year of being alcohol free.  It's not a long thread but you can give it a quick read that explains my thoughts a little more.  

Just something to think about.  You're doing great, everyday without alcohol is a success.  Keep it up!

Reading this thread: