Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

2 years - March 4

10 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow! Congratulations Splitimage.

How does it feel to have made it this far?

Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 557 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations splitimage! I remember you being on the site often and it is nice to hear good news from you. Take care!
10 years ago 0 1009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Splitimage,

That is totally awesome and a huge congratulations of your success! How do you feel now? I understand what you mean with your comments. I'm almost at 8 months and life is SO much better than better it's really hard to keep track of all. What I find for myself is:
  • relationships- where I was running into great strife with my close relationships, the opposite is true and they are better, more authentic, and my appreciation has gone way up for them. 
  • Mental balance- I'm not subject to the extreme mood swings I was previously.
I could go on but I'm more interested in hearing about your success and how you approached quitting and maintaing.

Cheers

Dave
10 years ago 0 272 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone,

I know I haven't been on as much lately as I used to be, but I wanted to come back and share my good news.   March 4 was 2 years sober for me.   

I never thought I'd make it that far, but I'm so happy I did.   Life's still not perfect, but at least I'm not making it worse b drinking.

splitimage

Reading this thread: