Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

6 months

7 years ago 0 115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well done Flipflop mom! I'm so happy to hear about your milestone! That's quite an accomplishment. I was very very happy to read your update!

And I get what you mean with life's troubles. They still occur, but its easier to deal with stuff when we are not drinking. That does feel good to say and write! 

I hope everyone is doing well. Life has never been better for me!
Take care everyone
Gus
7 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Amazing Flipflopmom!

How were you able to get through those stressful moments without drinking? Did you feel triggered? If so, how did you cope?

Thank you for posting your success with us!
Ashley, Health Educator
7 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I do not post much but I do follow these forums. I love reading them and I feel connected to the people on here. Congratulations Flipflopmom. For me I've been sober for a little over 2 months and this site has definitely helped me. Thank you everyone!
7 years ago 0 113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you all for your kind responses.

Dave, I'd love to be a part of a website about recovery, should you start one!  Please let me know if you do that.

It's so nice to hear from those of you that commented.  I think of you all often, as you were all a big part of my recovery.  Please don't leave this website, even if it's not working too well.  It's great to connect to you and celebrate sobriety together.  I do read your personal blogs and it gives me inspiration to keep on keeping on.

Happy Thanksgiving!
7 years ago 0 1009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi FPM,

Congratulations on hitting the 6-month mark! Well done! And great work keeping your head about you and maintaining your resolve during what must have been very trying times. 

I've been off the site for some time, like yourself, dealing with some very challenging life-issues. These things are sent to try us. And, like yourself ad others, have noticed a degradation in the site performance, particularly loading pages. I still like to keep track of things with my diary and noticed the slow loading of pages. The servers running the site are quite old and, one day, will go down if an upgrade doesn't happen. I've been kicking around the idea of building a site that replicates some of the functionality of the site in the event it bombs out to maintain the communication and support of these here. Let me know your thoughts if this would be of interest.

All the best,

Dave848
7 years ago 0 286 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations Fliflopmom on your six month milestone!  So proud of you and your success in handling all the ups and downs of life without alcohol!  Glad that your health is good and that other things are beginning to heal as well.  

I have found getting on this site frustrating and I have to admit that I have not been patient enough most of the time to wait for things to load.  I couldn't let your milestone pass though without commenting.

Keep up the great work!

7 years ago 0 54 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations Flipflopmom! Particularly on staying sober through the rough spots. Very glad to hear the health scare ended up being just a scare. I also have noticed response time on the forum has been quite slow for some time now - not sure if that is the main cause of the lack of activity here... I do check in fairly regularly and the logged in count is usually "1". There are probably others like me who check in and silently track their progress, if nothing else.
7 years ago 0 1562 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations. I have been wondering too. Traffic just dropped. I noticed, there is significant delay in landing on this site. Perhaps there is some maintenance going on. Anyways glad to see some activity and progress.
7 years ago 0 113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello! 

I don't see people posting here lately, so I thought I'd add a new thread.  I hope this works, as I've seen people posting about website trouble in the recent past.

Although I don't keep an actual date, I know it was around the third week in May that I had my last drink.  That means I'm at my 6 month mark!  A lot has happened since then, and I finally feel like living a sober life is possible.  I still have my AV that talks to me.... but like an ex-boyfriend, I do my best to walk away or ignore it.

I still have troubles, believe me!  In fact, it's been a rough couple months lately.  I had to go back on anxiety medicine, had a big marriage problem, and right after that I had a HUGE medical scare.  All these things happened without me drinking.  That feels good to say.  Now, I'm taking my meds, healing my relationship, and thanking God my health is good. 

I hope you all are doing well.  I'd love to hear from some of my friends on here, so please leave me a comment!

Reading this thread: