Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,684 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Strongyogi*, TNIKKA, SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD

It?s been a while

9 years ago 0 11218 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow!

Amazing Jewel. You are such an inspiration! How does it feel to have achieved so much?

Ashley, Health Educator
9 years ago 0 345 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jewel,

The accolades are well deserved. I only hope that I can emulate you. Sounds like you went through some very scary times. Unbelievable what we allow alcohol to do to us. The challenges during the first while of being AF are many and yes it is very difficult. I've had a number of false starts this year and hope that I can stay strong this time around. This starting over business is really getting old. Keep posting Jewel, we need the inspiration that your success provides us with.

Thank you and keep going!
TS 
9 years ago 0 1009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jewel,

It's so great to hear from you! Well done on your progress! It's really inspiring to hear how you've over-come this challenge and things continue to better and better. I can so relate to what you said about how it can be such a challenge. I can remember some pretty tough moments myself, yet, when I reflect on them those are the moments that had the most significant impact on my self-efficacy. That's amazing the health benefits you're experiencing Jewel. It really inspires me to work harder and stay focused. I sincerely appreciate the kinds words and knowing I could help in some way to your progress. Our exchanges inspired me as well.

Definitely post more Jewel. It's really great to hear from you and I have no doubt others will benefit form your example and experience.

All the best,

Dave
9 years ago 0 59 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you so much!!! Prior to my years of drinking, I was a health nut. But I started drinking and just let myself go. And of course I gained weight. In May of this year, I had enough. I was killing myself drinking. My stomach was really messed up. I vomitted frequently. I was out of control. I had missed so much in life because I made the choice to drink. I'm so thankful for starting anew, but gosh it was hard in the beginning. I would see posts on here from others who were AF for months, some years. I told myself I'd never get there. Yet I'm almost 7 months AF. There are some great people on here with great support. I love waking up without a hangover. This is a hard road and it's day to day. But I'm more committed than ever. Again, thank you for your kind words. Blessings! 
9 years ago 0 345 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jewel!

How fabulous are you! Losing 60 pounds is so amazing. Gives you an excuse to buy a whole new wardrobe, well earned I might add. Can't imagine how you managed to stop drinking and lose so much weight. Well done Jewel, you are a true inspiration!

TS
9 years ago 0 59 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's been a while since I've posted, like several months. I remain sober........as of May of this year. Thus far, I'm off my BP meds and have lost right at 60 pounds. I like the new me so much better. I've never had to endure something so difficult as stopping drinking. This was by far the hardest thing I've ever done. I experienced such anxiety the first few weeks. But I want to offer hope to others. You can do this. I used to drink so so much. It would have killed me, no doubt. Just know each day is a new day, and can be the first day of the rest of your life. I still catch myself thinking about a drink. When this happens, I work through the moment and urge. I'm so blessed to get this chance to turn it around. Further blessed to have this group. Dave848, I'll always be thankful to you and your words of wisdom. I hope you are well. God bless each of you. 

Reading this thread: