Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

One Year!

7 years ago 0 286 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Nodrama, SPW and Simmy for positive words.  Simmy, it is so great to see you back and to hear from you! 
7 years ago 0 72 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations Julie! You are an inspiration  
7 years ago 0 421 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Julie! Congratulations. You are so right on your points. I love the one about the different journey's we are on. That's what I truly believe.  Sobriety is not a cookie cutter deal.  It's your own journey perhaps the most personal journey we will ever take.  And while support and advice are very helpful, the only way someone can dive in and come out the other side is to do what works for them. Great job!! 
7 years ago 0 54 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
A truly impressive accomplishment Julie! Congratulations and good luck with year 2. Some inspiring points you raise there.
Thanks for the positive feedback and especially thanks to Gus, who has been there with me all this past year!  Ashley, thanks so much for all your hard work and positive support on this forum.  It is very much appreciated!
7 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations Julie!

One year is an amazing achievement! I like all the points you make. Great advice. Thank you for inspiring us and being such a positive influence in the forums.

Ashley, Health Educator
7 years ago 0 115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats Julie! You just made my day 200 percent happier by posting this! I am so proud of you! 

Your points are all so accurate. You really hit the nail on the head with all of them.  The best points to me are the first ones - we are all on our own journey to sobriety, and we need to figure out what works for us. If we want to quit, we can figure out the path. It might take a few tries, but we can get there. 

You are truly an inpsiration for me Julie. Your insights into quitting in the last year have  helped keep me on track. Keep up the good work! 
Here's to year 2!
Gus
7 years ago 0 69 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
One year is fabulous

People need to realize that you lessen the stress in life by half if you get alcohol out of it, and it is easier to cope with the rest in a sober  state of mind.
7 years ago 0 113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations, Julie!  You are an inspiration!
Today, I am celebrating my one year of not drinking.  I am so happy and grateful to be here, in this much better place.  I think that I have learned some things along the way and I hope that it might be helpful to someone if I share them.

1. We are all on our own unique journey to sobriety.  I needed to figure what worked for me and to be confident that I knew myself well enough to follow that path.

2. If quitting doesn't work the first or second time, look for new tools to add to your toolbox.  Do it differently.

3. Quitting alcohol was enough of a goal for a year so I gave myself a break and focussed on "being" rather than "doing."

4. Life is, in fact, possible without alcohol.  Once I removed the lens of a wine glass, I could see so many unexpected possibilities open up.  

5.  Sobriety doesn't solve all the problems in your life but it does allow you to see them with clearer and wiser eyes.

I have set a new goal of year two for my sobriety.  Now that I have made it through all the firsts of a year, I will see what this next year brings.  I am sure that there are lots of possibilities out there and I am ready to discover them.

Reading this thread: