Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

One month.

10 years ago 0 1562 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
More than 90 in 90, i would suggest you find a sponsor who will help understand and work the 12 steps so you could have a different outlook upon life and experience the promises the program offers. I like the 10th step promises, because I am living it:

And we have ceased fighting anything or anyone, even alcohol. 
For by this time sanity will have returned. 
We will seldom be interested in liquor. If tempted, we recoil from it as from a hot flame. 
We react sanely and normally, and we will find that this has happened automatically. 
We will see that our new attitude toward liquor has been given us without any thought or effort on our part.
It just comes! That is the miracle of it. We are not fighting it, neither are we avoiding temptation. 
We feel as though we had been placed in a position of neutrality safe and protected. 
We have not even sworn off. Instead, the problem has been removed. It does not exist for us. 
We are neither cocky nor are we afraid. That is how we react so long as we keep in fit spiritual condition.
10 years ago 0 315 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yesterday was my 45th day sober. Never tried to quit before, drank heavy for 25 years, last 7 years was BAD. Hit rock bottom March 9 started looking up on March 10. So far I far I have been to 40 meetings, trying for the 90 in 90. I have a little catching up to do now that I am half way through. 5 meeting is wasy to catch up on. As for being in control, I have come to realize that I was in control before thats why I drank cause I had no idea how to manage my life yet believed that I was in control. Now I look to my higher power to be in control. We can't do it without God.
10 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations!

Glad  to hear you feel prepared to tackle the challenges ahead. How does it feel to be so in control?

Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 1562 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cool deal. Hope you found a compatible sponsor to walk you through the steps.

This workshop helped me tremendously in my recovery:
http://xa-speakers.org/pafiledb.php?action=category&id=13

10 years ago 0 315 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Got my 30 day Chip last night. Best 30 days of my life. Now I am mentally ready to clean up the mess I caused over the last 25 years of drinking.

Reading this thread: