Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,626 Members

Please welcome our newest members: TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO

I wish I had something positive to report...

12 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ah... Athena girl....  no worries.   We have all been there....  I laugh when I think of how often I have gotten up to check my "sent" folder on my emails...  what did I say?  Who did I say it to?  

On the bright side, having become so financially destitute from drinking,  I've lost my home phone and cell phone!  GRIN.  At least there are no more worries of those "late night forgotten phone calls"...    Though SKYPE creates the same challenges!

I'm not making light of your concerns....  I just want you to know that I'm out here.....and I have been through exactly the same thing....    I understand.

Congratulations on you being so self aware and honest.  Kudos to you.

Orange
12 years ago 0 73 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
No worries, Athena.  We've all been there.  I'm just glad you're here.
12 years ago 0 171 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am truly appalled.  I have absolutely no memory of having written the previous post.  I have to admit that I also have no memory of my mother "waking me up" as I fell asleep on the computer last night - or so many conversations I have had....

I wishe that I had something inspiring to offer others on this site, but honestly right now, I am just thankful that there is somewhere in the world I can speak the truth, and somewhere there is a concrete tangible record of the things I am so quick to dismiss when I am sober.
12 years ago 0 73 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Athena, we're here for you.  No judgment, just support.
12 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Athena!

Your right..it is the disease that sucks..not you!

Keep pushing forward!

Josie, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 171 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Alchoholism is a vile and insidiuous disease.  Alcholol  make you feel small and pitiful and pathetic.  It is the alchohol - - - not you/ that sucks!!!!!

Reading this thread: