Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,630 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

New Year?s Eve - what are you up to?

9 years ago 0 94 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think that's totally cool. I had a few drinks myself but not in my typical pattern. No drinks prepping dinner (even though my husband did), one drink with dinner and one after (full tummy so no buzz), and toasted the New Year with soda water. I was extremely ok with that for myself too. I think for some of us it's all about defining your goal and sticking to it.
Happy New Year.
9 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks kez.
. I did have a few drinks for new years. But I was safe in a cabin in the woods with the ones I love. I've been getting the emails from ahc.  And they are very helpful. I'm not disappointed in myself.  I'm actually impressed that I could enjoy a few adult beverages with people.  And enjoy the taste smell and sound of dinner with family and friends.  That is the most important part.  We all should be able to enjoy the love and support that family can give.  Thanks happy new year to all. 
Thanks for the replies. :)

I totally agree Rockymtns, it is borderline insanity to see how packed the shopping centers are this afternoon (focal point being the liquor store of course).  Talk about brainwashed. Being out in nature away from it all would be wonderful...that sounds like a perfect, perfect New Year,s. And so would running - we have a resolution run in our area that is held at 8pm or so every New Years. I like the idea or running at midnight better because the 10K at 8pm used to just feel like a free pass to go reward myself with a few drinks post run. 
Foxman, good on you for you for being a DD tonight.

9 years ago 0 1562 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Today I will be a sober participant in a new-years eve party, a designated driver for a friend who enjoys couple drinks on occassions. Its all possible because I am a member of Alcoholics Anonymous and been growing spiritually working the 12 steps of AA. You all can do it too.

9 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good morning. My girlfriend and I  are planning to have a camp fire up at our local a.m.c. Location.( Hiking trails camping,  etc.)  And watch the stars. And listen to the trees in the wind. The hardest part about new years I think is the commercial influence. That says we all have to stay up late and drink. Not really true. My brother and sister are going to NYC.  Not for the ball drop. But are running a 4 miler at midnight. It's all in our perception.  Enjoy the New Year. Thx.
I'm curious to know how everyone will be spending their New Year's Eve tonight. Obviously it could be a bit of a trigger night, or maybe not at all for those who have been successful for longer term. Or maybe you will be setting a goal to have a few and keep it under control.

Just thought I'd ask, to hear where everybody is coming from.

Kez

Reading this thread: