Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

My very first "No" to drinking with friends!

12 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
way to go!!

12 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks so much for the support. I realised that basically almost everyone I know drinks! I've been trying to come up with other things to do besides partying or drink related activities. I know that there will be many more times in the upcoming days, weeks, months where I will be put into that situation over and over again.Right now is about ME!
12 years ago 0 82 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
oh WOW! and CONGRATS bitzy!!!

that is a major step for anyone!  you must be so proud!  and the fact that you role modeled a healthier decision for your friend!  that's awesome!  :)
12 years ago 0 17 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats on saying no! I feel as though this is one of the hardest parts for me too (peer pressure). 
I really admire the honesty in your answer, and great to hear to have some pretty supportive friends too! 
12 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bitzy,

This is a fantastic step and a great reaction!

Good for you for being honest and progressing!

Josie, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Last night I received a text from a friend that wanted to meet for dinner and then drinks. I declined and responded with"Thanks so much for thinking of me but, I'm taking a break from alcohol for a while...have just drank way too much lately..I hope you understand". Well, it was easier than I thought and she wrote back that maybe she should be doing the same thing. To be honest, the invite was my first test...one of many to come I'm sure but I'm happy that I had NO DESIRE whatsoever to get out there and start this nightmare all over again.

Reading this thread: